Photo

Can't load package....The specified module could not be found.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 PhilW

PhilW
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 11:47 PM

Hi, Boki,

I have installed the new version of the Components (v5.5.10.1); and like Xillion in another thread, have hit an error message when I then restart Delphi 6:

The components are missing from the palette, and when I try to enable them in the Package List, and then get the first error message:

---------------------------
Delphi 6: delphi32.exe - System Error
The program can't start because NxCommonRun_d6.bpl is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
OK

followed by the second error message:

Delphi 6
Can't load package C:\Program Files (x86)\Borland\Next Suite\Lib\Delphi 6\NxAddonsRun_d6.bpl.

The specified module could not be found.
OK

I have checked the security permissions for the folder concerned. I have used the same method to install the new version as I have done over the last year, and this time it has failed.

Have you changed the installation procedure?

Thanks for any advice,
Regards,
PhilW.

#2 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,196 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 03:41 AM

Hello Phil,

Nothing have changed in packages for some time. Only suffix d6 is added.

Try to do a clean install, maybe there is some conflict exist.

Try to delete all files from previous release (I suggest reading PDF file from Members Section) and then install packages one by one.

I am sure that we will succeed smile.gif Please tell me does this helps.

Best regards
boki@bergsoft.net | LinkedIn Profile
--
BergSoft Home Page: www.bergsoft.net
Users Section: users.bergsoft.net
Articles and Tutorials: help.bergsoft.net (Developers Network)
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--
Send us applications made with our components and we will submit them on: www.bergsoft.net/apps.htm. Link to this page will be also set on home page too.

#3 PhilW

PhilW
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 10:33 AM

Hi, Boki,

Thank you for the quick response. I took your advice - and yes, all is well now.

Looking back, my mistake, I think, was just to *untick* the previous Berg packages in the Package Listing; and I should have *removed* them (using the 'Remove' button) instead.

Kind regards,
PhilW.

#4 Xillion

Xillion
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:57 AM

Hi Phil,

You might want to check Delphi's bpl and dcp directories for compiled versions of the old packages (without the _d6 suffix). I found that even after a full deinstallation these where left behind. If you would search these directories for Nx*.bpl and Nx*.dcp files my guess is you'll find both the files with suffix, as well as the old files without the suffix.
Normally I don't expect problems, but just to be sure you might want to delete these. Also, it keeps things clean.

Regards,
Stijn.

Xillion ICT Solutions - www.xillion.nl

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

#5 PhilW

PhilW
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 11:58 AM

Hello Stijn,

Yes, thanks for the advice, I did find old *.dcp files in the C:\Program Files {Delphi}\Projects\Bpl folder.

My *.bpl files are in the {Delphi}\Next Suite\Lib\Delphi 6 folder, as before. I had already sorted the old .bpl files in there.

But something is still amiss; when I open the Delphi IDE, the NextSuite tabs are missing from the component palette - it is only when I open a project which references NextSuite components that they then magically appear on the component palette. It's a bit weird, but useable.

Regards,
PhilW.

#6 Xillion

Xillion
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 11:23 AM

QUOTE (PhilW @ May 27 2010, 12:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But something is still amiss; when I open the Delphi IDE, the NextSuite tabs are missing from the component palette - it is only when I open a project which references NextSuite components that they then magically appear on the component palette. It's a bit weird, but useable.

Regards,
PhilW.

That's indeed strange. It's workable enough, until you start a new project and want to use one of the NextSuite components wink.gif

Have you tried completely uninstalling the NextSuite first, including any left-behind bpl and dcp files. (also manually delete the installation directory, the uninstaller won't remove everything because there are dcu's compiled into it).
Also make sure you delete library paths and such. It might be a little much, but just try to get as close as possible to a "clean" environment before installing again. Then, perform a complete clean install. If that doesn't help, you might consider a fresh install of Delphi. Hunting down the reason of this sort of strange behaviour can cost a lot of time sometimes.

Regards,
Stijn.

#7 PhilW

PhilW
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 08:01 PM

Hello Stijn,

Arrival of the latest version (5.6.10.1) gave me the opportunity to do the installation again, and this time to get it right.

As an extra precaution, I undertook a series of Zen exercises to achieve the correct karma and proper focus before attempting the upgrade. rolleyes.gif

The result was successful.

Thank you for your thoughtful comments,
Kind regards,
PhilW.

#8 Xillion

Xillion
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:39 AM

Hi Phill,

Good you got it working again. I'll keep in mind for future updates that I will need the right state-of-mind before attempting the update. As we all now fear lead to anger, anger leads to the dark side, and the dark side leads to corrupt installations wink.gif

Regards,
Stijn.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users