What happened?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_fulcrum_*

Guest_fulcrum_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2005 - 05:05 AM

What has actually happened? Why are there 2 websites both claiming to be the official site? They both have almost the same data and both have the support forums up (although the old site has all the old forum data).

You may have notified owners of the components via email, but prospective customers (like me) need to know what is going on. Without that knowledge we can't trust that the components will be around for a while, or who to buy them off.

#2 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2005 - 01:00 PM

BTW...

A the top of the page there is a link to "Sign in" that still points to old page :wink:

#3 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 04:43 PM

Hello,

My old friend and I have decided to stop with working together. Domain name is registered by his name and I have decide that it will be better to move to new site.

I don't know why my design work is still on old site.

P.S. Thank you for notice, I have fix it.

best regards

#4 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2005 - 10:20 AM

Hi Boki,

Can't seem to login with my username.

Btw more important question, who leagally owns the code?

-------
G.W. van der Vegt

#5 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 05:01 PM

Hello Wim,

I have answer you on GridView group.

Basicaly, I am author, developer and owner of code.

regards
boki@bergsoft.net | LinkedIn Profile
--
BergSoft Home Page: www.bergsoft.net
Users Section: users.bergsoft.net
Articles and Tutorials: help.bergsoft.net (Developers Network)
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--
Send us applications made with our components and we will submit them on: www.bergsoft.net/apps.htm. Link to this page will be also set on home page too.

#6 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2005 - 05:50 PM

but if you've done it in the company, the company owns everything.
or am I wrong?

everything I create in my company owns my company, because they are paying me for what I do.

#7 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 06:21 PM

Hello,

I am the owner of Berg and I haven't work for me.

I have decide to person from old site include in creating and selling components with me, but this fail so many times and I have decide that it will be much better to quit with that. I have register new domain, and start moving to new site. But this was in plan for next 30-60 days (as every registered user may see in previous Delivery Mail for v2.9 of GridView). Person from old site ask for one more chance to join into team and I have give to it. But one day after this ask everything collapsed. He have baned me from old forum, web site, shareit account...

I am not owner of old domain only. Also, there is one part of code that person from old site own it, and I will remowe this code from components. Also, I have decide to cancel showing programs from old site, because we have made this programs together.

best regards
--
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--
Send us applications made with our components and we will submit them on: www.bergsoft.net/apps.htm. Link to this page will be also set on home page too.

#8 Golli

Golli
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 06:59 AM

I just purchased your components via ShareIt, which as I understand it is managed by your ex-partner. At the time I had absolutly no idea of what was going on between you. Will I be eligible to get future updates? :?

Golli

#9 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2005 - 11:27 AM

Hi Boki,

sad to hear from your split. Yesterday we got another mail from your ex-partner:

The following is an email sent to you by an administrator of "BergSoftware.Net". If this message is spam, contains abusive or other comments you find
offensive please contact the webmaster of the board at the following address:

zeljkoni@bergsoftware.net

Include this full email (particularly the headers).  

Message sent to you follows:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Respected users,

we want to inform you that BergSoftware support  forum is working again.

please visit us,

http://forum.BergSoftware.net

We will continue to support and develop all of our products.
All your help, comments and suggestions are very important to us. We will do our best to make the products which will satisfy your needs.

IMPORTANT: Our ex-worker  illegally get  all source code and copy website design to another website,and tried to harm BergSoftware,  so please , only
website that is supporting all Berg components and products is:

http://www.BergSoftware.net

regards,
Zeljko Nikolicic
CEO | BergSoftware
zeljkoni@bergsoftware.net
www.bergsoftware.net

I think we must know more about that issue - my employees and I have to make a decision if we use the gridview components any longer.

Any help along that issue will be great appreciated.

kind regards,

Peter Wichenthaler-Sternbach
sternbach.net software development

#10 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 02:42 PM

Hello,

I don't understand why he doing this? He don't have any authorship and ownership over components. I am founder and owner of Berg and this Components. I have made old web-site alive and I have work on components and site for years, and I will not accept that He steal my hard work. Now, he want to make money illegally on my work (components, design, tutorials, help...). . We have try to enter in some kind of partnership many times and only what we got from this partnership is BergPlayer. I have try several times to include him in components creation, but always without success.

Only legal source of components is here on this site (www.bergsoft.net) and I will continue to develop components and to support my users as I always do smile.gif

Best regards
--
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--

#11 zifnabbe

zifnabbe
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 02:49 PM

Yes, this is a difficult situation. At the moment I've decided to keep using the components (if of course a certain problem which I've addressed will be solved). Here are my reasons:

1. I replied to the mail sent on 19/01 by Zeljko Nikolicic , to both Zeljko and Boki. Until now only Boki responded

2. If I look at the forum at bergsoftware.net, I mostly find Boki as person who replied to all the problems. I haven't found much replies from Zeljko.

3. It is Boki by which I've very good contact through email and who responds very quickly to my problems/requests

Regards,
zifnabbe

#12 MasterEvil

MasterEvil
  • Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 03:09 PM

I'm also hoping that it will work out.
I love your components, although I'm only using them private for my own projects.

Good luck!

#13 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 03:11 PM

Hello,

Thank you for best wishes smile.gif

regards
--
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--

#14 Guest_fulcrum_*

Guest_fulcrum_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2005 - 11:58 AM

I had almost the same response as zifnabbe.

1) Sent email to both. Received reply only from Boki.

2) Boki replying like always, zeljko saying things are being added to the "to do" list.

Also Zeljko has had a sign up for about a wekk saying ordering will be up within 48 hours, but nothing there, and Boki had ordering up and running straight away.

Boki, it might be good to answer the question a few posts up from Golli who ordered from Shareit. I'm not sure if that would have gone to you or Zeljko, but it'd be good to at least give him an answer biggrin.gif

Oh, and only one of them has posted an update. This makes me even more sure of who to stick with.

#15 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 10:05 PM

QUOTE (Golli)
I just purchased your components via ShareIt, which as I understand it is managed by your ex-partner.  At the time I had absolutly no idea of what was going on between you.  Will I be eligible to get future updates?  :?  

Golli

Hello Golli,

Can you please tell me when you have purchase your copy. If you do it before Januar 9, I already have you in database. Unfortunately, I have probably lost all money from November, December and Januar (!) but I have responsibility to support this customers as when I receive the money.

regards
--
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--

#16 RaM

RaM
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 02:03 PM

I read both letters, but I do not know who is now owner of the code.
BTW: The oposite side released the D2005 version.
What about you? :?

RaM

#17 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 02:36 PM

Hello RaM

This components already support Delphi2005 with source. There is a some small problem with directories in Delphi 2005, but is easy to fix it. Here is more details:

http://forum.bergsof...wtopic.php?t=37

best regards
--
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--

#18 Guest_Paul_*

Guest_Paul_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2005 - 12:45 AM

Boki,

The ex-friend seems to not be enhancing the product anymore, and ui have finally found you new home.

I was wondering I purchased DbGridview in January 2005 would you do a reduced rate to use this more up to date component set.

Many Thanks

Paul

#19 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 01:29 AM

Hello Paul,

Please contact me on my mail. You don't need to pay again.

regards
--
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--

#20 Maxime

Maxime
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 07:08 PM

Hi Boki,

After stopping it for a few months, I've recently took back the development of my free software when I discovered that Delphi 2005 PE was available for download on the internet, and to be able to recompile some of them on this new IDE, I came on bergsoftware.net to get some news of your components and to see if there was a D2005 version of GridView available.

I really started to find some strange behaviours on this site. First, I was really disgusted to see that the only D2005 version available was only for registered users. I strongly disagreed with that policy, as I remembered that the components have always been offered for free to those who did not want to have the sourcecode.

Secondly, I've looked on the forum to find more information about that crude change of policy... why D2005 users should pay for something D6 & D7 users can have for free? And, once again, I was surprised to see that the person who's always replying to support requests is named 'support'. Hmmm, quite strange, I used to believe that this person did use another login name when I asked for support on this forum... Moreover, I was pretty sure that I had registered myself on this forum to get support (IIRC, anonymous guest posting was not allowed) and I was unable to retrieve my messages or my username. Well, I said myself that they maybe had to purge the forum for any reason.

So, as I actually started to use GridView because it was the only free quality grid component I've found (I used to develop using TMS Software's AdvStringGrid until its shareware policy has been changed to display an ad on the components if not registered), I said myself that I will have to find another free grid component.

But then, I've read the notice on bergsoftware.net that there was a problem, than the sourcecode had been "stolen" by somebody who made another "illegal" website distributing Berg components. Well, as I did not registered for the components, I had nothing to loose by searching for this "illegal" website, to see if a D2005 version of the component was available on this one.

Then, I found your website, and I was surprised to see that they were no notices like on the other one to warn users that they are on a legal website or whatsoever. I also found strange that the components had been renamed. I actually believed that the author of this website was really the person who "stole" the sourcecode according to the "official" website.

So, I decided to have a look on this forum, and, what a surprise, I saw a user named 'Boki'! Yeah, I remember him now! He was that person who kindly helped me on the previous forum when I needed help, that's for sure! From now on, and after I read this thread, I am nearly sure that he is actually the victim and real owner of the code! Actually, you're the only one to really give clear and apparently sincere explanations about the situation, unlike on the other forum, where there is only one thread (as far as I've found) discussing about that and your ex-friend's arguments seem to be far less sincere. And the fact that there are very few posts about this on that other forum leaves me thinking that the "owner" may delete all posts which could help users to find that he is actually *the* robber.

I hope that my theory is the good one, that I really found the one and only true owner of the code, I would not like to hear that I had been fooled :evil: Anyway, if you are really the victim, please receive my best wishes for this bad period to finish soon. I've always found that GridView (now NextGrid) was a good component and I've always liked that it had been distributed for free without sources. As a student, it's very difficult for me to buy Delphi components, considering that I'm only developing freeware software.

But the bad side is that there is currently no D2005 version available from you. You've said that the current D7 version is compatible with this new version, but the problem is that I can't compile it under my version of D2005 PE because I only have DCU files and the IDE is claiming for PAS files. The problem did not occur on D7 IIRC because the setup program installed itself the components on the IDE so I didn't have to compile it. But for D2005, as the setup program may try to do it only for D7, I guess that it can't install it automatically on D2005.

Have you got any advices about that issue? Do you think I should recreate another thread in the NextGrid section of the forum, or will you accept to answer me there?

Anyway, once again, remember that if you are really the victim in this affair (I must admit that I have little doubts despite of the "proofs" I have accumulated...), be sure that I'm totally with you. Do you have any legal appeal to help yourself to get out of that umconfortable situation?

Thanks for taking the time of reading my message.
Regards from France,
Maxime

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users