PageControl

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 myicq

myicq
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 June 2022 - 06:00 PM

It's been a while since I have used the NxComponents. I recently started a small program operating with pagecontrols for different processes of the program.

I chose to use NxPageControl because I can set colors on each page, and the look is much nicer than standard Delphi6.

I have seen a strange thing: at runtime, my components simply disappear. Reading visible property at runtime, they *are* visible. But nowhere to be seen.

Images attached for designtime and runtime.

I don't hide any components at start, in fact there is no code in the project apart from visuals.  Strangely not only is a NxStringGrid6 gone, but also a TMemo and one of the LED bars.

I simply don't understand what's happening.

if I start with this page, all components are there, but I get same problem for other pages.

I tried various combinations of update and refresh, to no help.

Version of NextSuite  is 6.6.0,  TNxPageSheet6  version 6.5.0.

Attached Files

#2 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 05 June 2022 - 07:14 PM

Hello,

Can you please send me this project on my e-mail and I will identify quickly what’s happening.

boki@bergsoft.net | LinkedIn Profile
--
BergSoft Home Page: www.bergsoft.net
Users Section: users.bergsoft.net
Articles and Tutorials: help.bergsoft.net (Developers Network)
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--
Send us applications made with our components and we will submit them on: www.bergsoft.net/apps.htm. Link to this page will be also set on home page too.

#3 myicq

myicq
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 June 2022 - 09:15 PM

@Boki, message sent to your email with download link and source. I had to remove a few components you probably don't have, but still same effect. 

Thank you for looking into this. Maybe it's just an old version ? But I would think such things should have been caught ?

#4 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 05 June 2022 - 09:33 PM

Thank you, I have received the files.

I will start working on it today.

--
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--
Send us applications made with our components and we will submit them on: www.bergsoft.net/apps.htm. Link to this page will be also set on home page too.

#5 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 06 June 2022 - 11:54 AM

Hello,

Thank you again for your sample. It seems that NextGrid placed on the "pink" page in your demo have Height set to 0. After changing it to more than that it becomes visible again. Maybe you can check it too if is working?

Beside that I recommend downloading latest version just in case.

--
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--

#6 myicq

myicq
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 June 2022 - 09:28 PM

Tried to download and install the latest version (6.7), same issue on and off. If I start on the "green" page (empty), the NextGrid6 on the last page is always gone. If I set the active page to be the last from app start, it works.

Again setting the green page (index 0) active on start, and in code setting the height of the NextGrid6 to something, it seems to work.

It's strange, not sure if the NextGrid "collapses" if there is no data ? (but there is a header).

procedure TForm1.FormCreate(Sender: TObject);
begin
   // this seems to work
   NextGrid62.Height := 500;
end;

Anyway, as long as it's possible to avoid the strange disappearance, I can live with setting the height.

Maybe this gives you something to look for ?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PageControl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users