• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 4rc

4rc
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 07:45 PM

Hi,

(NextSuiteVer = '4.9.8.1', D2007, Advantage 9.1)

when I use a 'TnextDBGrid' in conjunction with a 'TadsTable' then I have serious problems with scrolling.
e.g: When the first row of the grid is selected and I scroll up using a 'TdbNavigator' then only the first row will be updated.

Therefore I changed the following line in 'TnxGridDataLink.DataEvent' (added deDataSetScroll):
if Event in [deDataSetChange, {$IFNDEF DELPHI6}deDisabledStateChange,{$ENDIF} deLayoutChange] then
into:
if Event in [deDataSetChange, {$IFNDEF DELPHI6}deDisabledStateChange,{$ENDIF} deLayoutChange, deDataSetScroll] then

Now scrolling via 'TdbNavigator' or keyboard is ok, only scrolling with the scrollbar button will show a wrong result, when dataset.EOF is true. IOW. selected row is the last record, then the record scrolls up, but not the last row. The rows will be filled with the prior record data:
e.g:
record 5
record 6
record 7
record 8
record 9 (last record)

after scrolling now down:
record 6
record 7
record 8
record 8
record 9 (last record)
The scrollbar buttons don't respect dataset.EOF nor dataset.BOF!

Any ideas?

#2 4rc

4rc
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 09:27 PM

some further investigation shows that 'TnextDBGrid.VertScrollBarPostion' will not be updated when navigating via 'TdbNavigator'. Therefore 'TnextDBGrid.WMVScroll' results in wrong calls to 'MoveBy'.

#3 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 04:01 PM

Hello 4rc,

Unfortunatelly this is a way how NextDBGrid work. It is a compromise between standard DBGrid and mine kind of Grid where is easy to use it than normal DBGrid.

Best regards
boki@bergsoft.net | LinkedIn Profile
--
BergSoft Home Page: www.bergsoft.net
Users Section: users.bergsoft.net
Articles and Tutorials: help.bergsoft.net (Developers Network)
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--
Send us applications made with our components and we will submit them on: www.bergsoft.net/apps.htm. Link to this page will be also set on home page too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users