#1 emailaya

emailaya

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 05:51 PM

hi

currently, the autocompletion is linked to an edit component (for example)
and is autocompleting me according to the text written into the edit

is it possible to make it complete not from the beginning of the component, but from a separator i define?
for example i have several items which are comma separated, i want it to complete me for any item separately

for example if i have this value:
"name1,name2" nxautocomplete autocompletes me only when i type "name1". when i type "name2" does not autocomplete

i want it to be able to complete me even for name2, or as i suggested, starting the last comma (or any other character i define it)
if a separator was not defined, then the current behaviour should take place

is it possible?

#2 wvd_vegt

wvd_vegt

Master Member

• Honorable Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 05:20 PM

Hi Emaiaya

I only remember some obscure autocompletion option related to autocompleting paths where it seems to get a new list when a pathdelimter is entered, thus preventing it from having to cache all possible paths.

I never saw anything close to what you want in the MS documentation. However in Microsoft's Live Photo Gallery there is an 'autocompletion' for tags like what you ask. But I doubt if it's implemented with autocompletion TnXAutoCompletion uses as it lacks some features like being able to delete an item from the dropdown box.

QUOTE (emailaya @ Apr 4 2008, 06:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
currently, the autocompletion is linked to an edit component (for example)
and is autocompleting me according to the text written into the edit

is it possible to make it complete not from the beginning of the component, but from a separator i define?
for example i have several items which are comma separated, i want it to complete me for any item separately

for example if i have this value:
"name1,name2" nxautocomplete autocompletes me only when i type "name1". when i type "name2" does not autocomplete

G.W. van der Vegt

#3 emailaya

emailaya

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 06:07 PM

outlook also behaves like that when u type in emails separated by commas

#4 wvd_vegt

wvd_vegt

Master Member

• Honorable Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 10:36 AM

Hi,

The NxAutoCompletion component wraps/uses the windows IAutocomplete functionality. Once initiated it's automated mostly outside the reach of the application.

It's not clear wether Microsoft uses it theirselves in some application. I have my doubts as behaviour is sometimes different like in the Windows Live Photo Gallery (no delete) and in office (no resize handle on the dropdown part and the alignment follows the item).

The only thing pointing a bit to what you want is the IACLList interface (search MS for it) but it's intended for path completion. You might compile NxAutocompetion with TRACEAC defined to see what happens.

QUOTE (emailaya @ Apr 7 2008, 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
outlook also behaves like that when u type in emails separated by commas

G.W. van der Vegt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users