• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ewong

ewong
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 08:20 AM

Hi,

I've not played with Delphi in a while and am trying to getting back to developing with

Delphi.  I had NEXT suite running a long time ago (forgot which version).  I figured

I'd install Next Suite first; but I'm having some difficulties with getting it installed

in XE7.

I downloaded the installer and ran it.   Opening XE7 after that, i don't see the components

in the components list.  Do I need to install it manually? (I thought the component

installer installed to XE7... or did I misunderstood.)

I tried doing the manual installation but I can't compile the first set (the Common packages)

as it's giving me an error " Unable to create directory ".\Win32\Debug", Access to path '.\Win32\Debug'

is denied."

Am I supposed to create a Delphi project and then import these packages in?  I'm sorry

if I sound stupid.  I haven't done component installations in a long time.  I tried installing

Peganza's Pascal Expert and I couldn't get it installed either.  So I don't know what

I'm doing wrong.

Thanks

Ed

#2 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 06:19 PM

Hi,

You need to add paths inside Library Paths to the sub-folders:

\Sources

\Sources\Next Grid

\Sources\Next DBGrid

\Sources\Inspector

Then you only need to compile and install packages. I suggest that you open groupproj file and right click on each package and choose Install.

boki@bergsoft.net | LinkedIn Profile
--
BergSoft Home Page: www.bergsoft.net
Users Section: users.bergsoft.net
Articles and Tutorials: help.bergsoft.net (Developers Network)
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--
Send us applications made with our components and we will submit them on: www.bergsoft.net/apps.htm. Link to this page will be also set on home page too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users