what grid better to use and how

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pka4916

pka4916
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 02:24 AM

I want to use an mysql database using unidac and not sure which grid to use.

There is the NextGrid and the NextDBGrid

in the nextgrid, I can highlight a whole row etc,but don't see that option with the other grid.

2nd.  I want to add images into a field, based from an image cache., can both grid read images?

and mainly,  which grid is faster for loading the records?  like 8000,  or does both grid only load whatever is shown.

I tried the Dbgrid, and wasn't sure how to connect the dots,  but i field out the Datafield  and when I load it,  it just shows "WIDEMEMO"  instead of plain text.

so what grid would be a better use

it needs to be fast.

able to hide/show columns/rows on the fly

able to change the color of the font and back instantly.

and how is it preferred loading a Database with a grid

Thank you

#2 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 02:39 PM

Hi,

NextDBGrid have one big difference that it can load only records visible on screen, and then when you scroll view other records are loaded. So in that way is faster. Another thing is that columns can be automatically added/removed after Opening/Closing dataset.

In NextDBGrid6 and MemoColumn you have ExpandContent property that will expand Memo field value.
boki@bergsoft.net | LinkedIn Profile
--
BergSoft Home Page: www.bergsoft.net
Users Section: users.bergsoft.net
Articles and Tutorials: help.bergsoft.net (Developers Network)
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--
Send us applications made with our components and we will submit them on: www.bergsoft.net/apps.htm. Link to this page will be also set on home page too.

#3 pka4916

pka4916
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 08:29 PM

Hi,

Seems like the data grid is having issues.

When I highlight a row, and scroll down with the mouse wheel,  everything turns into a selected color.

When I highlight a row, and scroll down with the scrollbar,  the last row at the bottom keeps getting selected.  it doesn't stay on the record that is selected.  Same happens when i use the up scrollbar.

Text becomes unreadable when I use the mouse wheel or the scroll bars, 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users