Upgrading from NextSuite v5 to NextSuite v6

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 d6user

d6user
  • Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 11:03 PM

Hi Boki,  I don't know if you remember me. But its been about two years since I last signed on. I am an oldie from the delphi 6 days, still using it, and 7, but I have finally taken the plunge and upgraded to XE7 since late 2014. So I'm two years into xe7 and going strong. But I still use 6/7 on my other computers. My main development is on this laptop, using XE7 on it. 

I have tried other grids for XE7 but they just don't have the style I like, and they are more complicated to set up. I keep wanting to go back to nextgrid. So, here I am, and have decided to upgrade my nextgrid nextsuite v5 to v6 for at least XE7.

Can I upgrade to v5 for XE7? and what is the process and cost to do so?

My current specs: Windows 7 64bit,  Delphi XE7 update 1 Firedac and the Mobile add-on packs, both installed. I realize your grid is VCL, which is what I am developing for anyway. 

Please advise, and thank you for a great grid tool.

#2 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 12:23 AM

Hi,

I'm glad that you consider NextGrid again.

If you have already registered years ago, you can simply continue with license but install XE7 packages. You should also see both v5 and v6 into users section (bms.bergsoft.net) if you have access there as registered user.

You can continue with v5 as you are in old Delphi. After some time, if you want to use v6 you can install both versions inside same IDE (XE7) and in same project. I have tried to keep good parts from v5 and add some new stuff in v6.

For start I recommend this article:
http://developer.ber...d=43&lang=en-us
boki@bergsoft.net | LinkedIn Profile
--
BergSoft Home Page: www.bergsoft.net
Users Section: users.bergsoft.net
Articles and Tutorials: help.bergsoft.net (Developers Network)
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--
Send us applications made with our components and we will submit them on: www.bergsoft.net/apps.htm. Link to this page will be also set on home page too.

#3 d6user

d6user
  • Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:46 AM

I am unable to log into the bms.bergsoft.net/ website. 

I reset my password three times and tried so many times but it will not let me in. I know I am registered because how else would I have downladed and installed v5. 

Can you help me resolve this? There is no rush, just whenever you get a free moment....

Thanks. 

#4 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:48 AM

Hi,

Can you send me email you used while registering, and will seek in database. In 99% cases user forgot username so I will send you username.
--
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--
Send us applications made with our components and we will submit them on: www.bergsoft.net/apps.htm. Link to this page will be also set on home page too.

#5 d6user

d6user
  • Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:56 AM

i thought the username is the same one to my login to the forum.

#6 d6user

d6user
  • Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:58 AM

hi, just sent it via PM.

#7 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 06:00 AM

Hi,

Unfortunately not, forum software is developed by third-party company. I will answer you on pm, I found it.
--
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--

#8 d6user

d6user
  • Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 06:03 AM

ah, got it.. and am in, thank you  :)

#9 d6user

d6user
  • Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 06:31 AM

I downloaded the "nextcomps5_10-16.exe" file.  Next, I ran the installer and entered the password. After it said completed, I loaded up Delphi XE7 (professional version), but the nextgrid components are not showing. 

Did I miss a step?

#10 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 06:36 AM

Hi,

- Check library path if is good.
- open group proj for Xe7 in Packages
- Then right click on each package and click install

Hope it will help
--
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--

#11 d6user

d6user
  • Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 07:02 AM

Please note, that I do not install any software on my hdd. Since this is a laptop, and laptops do get stolen. I install all my apps and components on a flash drive. I have a 64GB flash drive that I install all apps onto. I have not had a single problem doing this, and will not change from this practice. I have my flash drive set to an F: drive letter. 

I'm not very familiar with XE7 component installations. Its tricky, all the time. I always have trouble installing any component and dread them, always. 

As of right now, it appears that the "nextcomps5_10-16.exe" installer app did not install anything, only went through the motions on screen. At least, that's how it appeared to me. I did not have XE7 running. It was closed during installation. And I did not have any previous nextgrid or nextsuite installed. 

Next, I went into: menu, Tools, Options, and scrolled down to Delphi Options, selected Library, and under Library Path I selected the [...] and searched for any berg or nextgrid or nextsuite items. But I do not see anything. So, it appears to have installed nothing. 

I am at a loss.  Did I download the wrong file?

#12 d6user

d6user
  • Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 07:14 AM

I am thinking that you mean these packages, located in this folder: "F:\Program Files (x86)\Berg\Next Suite\Packages\Delphi XE 7"

Is there a specific order to selecting them, or any order will work?

#13 d6user

d6user
  • Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 07:25 AM

There is no "install" option in the drop-down menu when I right-click any of the files. For example, "NxAddonsRun_dxe7.dpk" has no "install" option. And when I double-click it, nothing happens. XE7 does not open, either. 

#14 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 02:31 PM

Hi,

Sorry for delay, I was gone to sleep (3 AM was here :))

But, I have prepared detailed steps for you:

- Download zip version of same file.
- This zip archive install where you want.
- Now, you need to add path to the Sources sub-folder of place where you installed components.

Example:

D:\Components\Berg\Sources
D:\Components\Berg\Sources\Next Grid
D:\Components\Berg\Sources\Next DBGrid
You are correct about some packages. They are only run-time.

Please follow next video I made now:

https://dl.dropboxus...phi/install.mp4
--
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--

#15 d6user

d6user
  • Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 07:10 PM

Hi Boki. Success! Everything worked just as you said plus the video. Now I have the components on the components palette.

Thanks a bunch!!!  :)

Just curious... but how do you get your UI icons to display horizontally instead of the standard vertical position in the palette for XE7?

#16 d6user

d6user
  • Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 07:38 PM

I am having a compiling problem. See image, below. How do I resolve?

(note: link to image below will expire in 7 days and will no longer work after that)

https://s28.postimg....mpile_error.png

#17 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 07:50 PM

Hi,

Most probably Library Path (Tools -> Options -> Library Path) need to be set. It should point to .pas version of file.

PS. If you right-click on Tool Palette you will find Properties and "Show Button Captions" should be set to unchecked.
--
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--

#18 d6user

d6user
  • Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 09:06 PM

\Components\Berg\Sources
\Components\Berg\Sources\Next Grid
\Components\Berg\Sources\Next DBGrid
\Components\Berg\Sources\Next Sheet
\Components\Berg\Sources\Next TBX

Okay, success. I've got it working now. I had to add to the Library, all the components from the ..\source\ folder. Now it compiles.

NextSuite v5 for Delphi XE7 is now successfully installed. Later, at some point, I will install v6.  Thank you!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users