Thomas Steinmaurer's Content

There have been 6 items by Thomas Steinmaurer (Search limited from 30-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#17573 Grid header painting issue

Posted by Thomas Steinmaurer on 07 April 2014 - 09:19 PM in NextGrid Component

Hello Boki,

I have a minor, although for the end-user annoying issue. All columns of a grid are created at run-time. I occasionally see some sort of overlapping in grid column header captions and not with a sign of "..." truncated, if the colum header doesn't fit into the column width.

Please see attached screenshot. I'm using latest 5.9.9.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails

• nextgrid_problem.jpg

#17550 TNextGrid.ClearRows very slow

Posted by Thomas Steinmaurer on 28 February 2014 - 07:35 PM in NextGrid Component

Boki,

so you can reproduce it? No additional stuff. Simply creating a new empty VCL application, placing a grid on a form, adding e.g. 10.000 rows with 60 text columns and then calling ClearRows. ClearRows happens in a BeginUpdate/EndUpdate block. I can send you a Delphi 2010 demo application if you wish.

#17545 TNextGrid.ClearRows very slow

Posted by Thomas Steinmaurer on 25 February 2014 - 10:50 PM in NextGrid Component

I'm using Delphi 2010 Professional and NextGrid 5. Not sure about the exact build number of NextGrid.

#17541 TNextGrid.ClearRows very slow

Posted by Thomas Steinmaurer on 24 February 2014 - 01:59 AM in NextGrid Component

Doesn't look to be specific to VMWare, but rather the big difference is when running outside the Delphi IDE or not. When running the mentioned scenario/exe in the Delphi IDE, it is terribly slow. Running the test application outside of Delphi, it is really fast. Any ideas?

#17538 TNextGrid.ClearRows very slow

Posted by Thomas Steinmaurer on 22 February 2014 - 10:51 PM in NextGrid Component

Of course, I'm using a BeginUpdate/EndUpdate block.

VMWare 10 Workstation seems to be the problem. I'm running my dev environment in VMWare. Clearing a grid with ~ 10000 rows while running the executable in VMWare takes ~ 40 seconds. Running that test on the host directly, clearing is nearly instantaneous.

Ever seen something like that?

Thomas

#17535 TNextGrid.ClearRows very slow

Posted by Thomas Steinmaurer on 19 February 2014 - 10:54 PM in NextGrid Component

Hello Boki,

I have a grid with ~ 60 columns and ~ 40000 rows. What is the fastest way to clear all rows? Calling the ClearRows method takes ~ 40 seconds with one CPU core fully utilized. Is there a better way to clearing the entire grid?

The problem is not only clearing all rows, but I guess in generally freeing memory of cells/rows, because e.g. when closing/freeing a TFrame instance with a NextGrid on it, this takes awfully long.

Any ideas are much appreciated.