Photo

Problem: " is not a valid floating point value (?)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jela

jela
  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 05:01 PM

Hello,
I've just attached a Datasource to my grid now, and get several errors of this type:

" is not a valid floating point value and
" is not a valid integer value

in designtime as well when I try to run my application.

The following exception is raised from delphi:
First chance exception at $7C81EB33. Exception class EConvertError with message ''' is not a valid integer value'. Process project.exe (4052)

in NxCustomGridControl.pas, line 1299
if Columns[ACol].DrawingOptions <> doNormal then DoCustomDrawCell(Columns[ACol].Index, ARow, DrawRect, CellState); { Event method }

I just used a normal SELECT SQL statement, so this could not be the problem. It happend even before attaching DBGrid columns to the corresponding datafields, so this cant have to do anything with non-identical/incompatible column or data types.

sad.gif jela

#2 jela

jela
  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 05:19 PM

It seems to have to do with my ProgressColumn. I tried deleting it, and for now at least the designtime error is gone. What is happening here? Still, when executing my app, I get integer errors.. I'll try to hunt that down as well.
Update: The ImageColumn is the cause for the runtime integer error.

So why do these errors occur with Progress and ImageColumn? They have to associated FieldName, so they should be clear till I fill them with data from somewhere else!

I'd really appreciate a quick fix for this as I got to work with my database stuff asap.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users