• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Edwin

Edwin
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 06:34 PM

Hi,

Please see the attached screenshot, it's the official Demo 1 with VCL Styles enabled, the style is called 'Slate Classico', as you can see, the color of the footer border is not correct - always black. Any fixes? I'm using the latest version of the next components. Thanks.

NextGrid%20footer%20line%20wrong%20color

#2 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,194 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 03:10 AM

Hi,

Please update next line inside NxDisplays.pas file:

procedure TStyleDisplay.DrawGrid(Rect: TRect; AColor: TColor);
begin
  with Canvas, Rect do
  begin
    Pen.Color := clNone; // <--- new line
    Pen.Color := AColor;
    PolyLine([Point(Left, Bottom - 1), Point(Right - 1, Bottom - 1)]);
    PolyLine([Point(Right - 1, Top), Point(Right - 1, Bottom + 1)]);
  end;
end;

It seems that Delphi style destroy Pen (or something similar) and this line fix it.

boki@bergsoft.net | LinkedIn Profile
--
BergSoft Home Page: www.bergsoft.net
Users Section: users.bergsoft.net
Articles and Tutorials: help.bergsoft.net (Developers Network)
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--
Send us applications made with our components and we will submit them on: www.bergsoft.net/apps.htm. Link to this page will be also set on home page too.

#3 Edwin

Edwin
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 09:58 AM

Hi Boki,

Thanks for your quick reply, it does fix the problem. But I don't understand why that can fix it...

I assume you'll include the fix in the next release? 

#4 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,194 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 01:23 PM

Hi,

I am also not sure why it fixes. Spent hours to find why this happens.

Yes, I will.
--
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--
Send us applications made with our components and we will submit them on: www.bergsoft.net/apps.htm. Link to this page will be also set on home page too.

#5 Edwin

Edwin
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 02:11 PM

Hi Boki, 

Thanks!

BTW, I've recently noticed your V6 plan for NextGrid and other components, if you don't mind, I'd suggest to article from  Joel.

In short, my suggestion is to enhance existing components. If you can provide significant enhancements, I really don't mind paying for them :)

#6 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,194 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 03:38 PM

Hi Edwin,

Thanks for this article. I had the same problems as stated in article. I have tried to surpas v5 and add new features to v6 at same time.

Luckily I am near to release v6, and plans are for September release.
--
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--

#7 Edwin

Edwin
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 06:32 PM

Hi Edwin,

Thanks for this article. I had the same problems as stated in article. I have tried to surpas v5 and add new features to v6 at same time.

Luckily I am near to release v6, and plans are for September release.

Does v6 have backward compatibility for old programs using v5? If no, it's show-stopper IMHO.

What do you mean by 'surpass v5'? Do you mean you plan to abandon the support for v5?

#8 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,194 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 07:31 PM

Hi,

You can use both versions inside same IDE, and I will build converter. Most things are quite similar, like Cell, Columns, Header and similar properties.

2) I mean that I needed to make it more powerfull than v5 to v6 make sense. V5 is still gona be supported.
--
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--

#9 Edwin

Edwin
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 08:03 PM

Well, I still insist that enhancing v5 is better, from what I see (the compiled demo) v6 does not worth the hassle of upgrading, even you'll make the converter, but I cannot risk malfunctioned program logic - especially for business programs that has a lot form that uses TNextGrid. You know, it's not just about a smooth upgrading, but it's about my existing code has been tested with v5 and it means all those code will have to be re-tested with v6!

From one of your loyal customers :)

#10 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,194 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 08:14 PM

Hi,

Version 5 will be continued with support. I run into a wall with new features for v5 and v6 was really required. I will need to rewrite big portions of code anyway :(

I suggest that existing users use v6 on new places, and new users to start with v6.
--
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--

#11 Speed

Speed
  • Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 04:40 AM

I can understand your viewpoint Boki.

Although rewriting anything from scratch has the potential of introducing a whole range of new bugs in areas where everything has already been tested and was working just fine, I believe it's warranted in cases where the current structure/framework doesn't allow for future development. 

I'm in that position myself where I have had to rewrite an application almost from scratch to implement a new high performance database engine that allows me to introduce a whole range of new required functionality that just wasn't possible with the previous DB engine I have used for many years.  It's either that or stagnate.  Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and do it.

If you use good testing methodologies like unit testing then it's not too much of a drama.

= Steve

#12 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,194 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 05:46 PM

Hi,

Unfortunately, it is quite hard to add new stuff in v5 (origin code is from v1). Some features users asking me for long, and I can't add them easily. If I add something big, I will need again to rewrite big parts of code and bugs will jump again. This bugs will be more hard to fix than in new architecture.

This way existing users will be able to use both versions in same App, and later they may switch to new NextGrid and similar. For example if developer decide to add new Dialog and need Grid inside it, he may place v6 grid in it.

--
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users