• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 user22

user22
  • Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 07:19 PM

Hello Boki,

would it be possible to have a property for mousewheelscroll where i can set the amont of scrolled rows?
I would suggest an integer field:
-1 = mousewheelscroll is disabled
0 = use system value for mousewheelscroll (same what you are doing in the moment)
> 0 = scroll this defined amount of rows per mouswheeltick (so 1 for example would mean to scroll row by row)

best regards,
user22

#2 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 07:21 PM

Hello Helmut,

I will think about it, but you must note that scroll amount is defined by windows and usually if you roll button for 1, it will scroll for 3 rows.

regards
boki@bergsoft.net | LinkedIn Profile
--
BergSoft Home Page: www.bergsoft.net
Users Section: users.bergsoft.net
Articles and Tutorials: help.bergsoft.net (Developers Network)
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--
Send us applications made with our components and we will submit them on: www.bergsoft.net/apps.htm. Link to this page will be also set on home page too.

#3 user22

user22
  • Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 10:56 AM

Hello Boki,

would it be possible to use OnVerticalScroll for something?
I mean like OnCompare i can handle the vertical scrolling by myself if i write a procedure for this? And to stay compatible i can use "inherited" to do all the standard scrolling work in addition if i like. The only point is that then in OnVerticalScroll i would need the info if it is a scroll with an arrow key or is scrollbar button clicked or mouse wheel (together with a special key pressed) and in which direction.
So if i get info about scrolling i can decide if i want to scroll the visible part or the SelectedRow and how many rows i will scroll - that would be a great feature, i think.

what do you mean? Thanks,
user22

#4 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 11:13 AM

Hello,

I am not sure how much this is possible to do sad.gif specially for mouse wheel increment. I will try to do something, maybe adding a event OnBeforeScroll with var parameter Increment.

regards
--
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--
Send us applications made with our components and we will submit them on: www.bergsoft.net/apps.htm. Link to this page will be also set on home page too.

#5 user22

user22
  • Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 11:25 AM

Hi,

What is the main problem? I think you catch the scroll event(s) and then you do the scrolling. And my idea was, that instead you are doing the scrolling you let the user do this. And the user has to check everything including mouse wheel parameters. Am i thinking wrong? - But an OnBeforeVerticalScroll event with parameter "handled" goes in the right direction :-)

regards

#6 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 11:40 AM

Hello,

Main problem is because some scrollings are done with WinApi and there may jump some problem sad.gif I am not sure, maybe not, but can't promisse because I already have bad experience with this unknown situations.

I will do some research and then decide about OnBeforeScroll.

regards
--
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--

#7 user22

user22
  • Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 02:33 PM

Hi Boki,

yes, i know, this part is tricky, but scrolling is in the moment not so good working as i would need. I will do some research too and maybe we find together a good solution.

regards :-))

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users