HELP

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 jrag1976

jrag1976
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 06:32 AM

HELLO I JUST INSTALLED THE NEW VERSION OF GRIDSUITECOMPONENTS AND I CANT USE ANY OF THEM, I INSTALLED THEM AS THE HELP FILE SAYS. BUT WHEN I COMPILE A PROJECT A GET SEVERAL ERRORS WHEN I RUN THE PROJECT LIKE

Property AppearanceOptions does not exist -- This is when I use either gridview or DBGridVIew

can you help! sad.gif

#2 MasterEvil

MasterEvil
  • Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 12:59 PM

hi,

had you installed a previous version of gridview?
If so, you maybe have old properties in your project.

greetz,
Steffen

#3 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,195 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 06:49 PM

Hello,

This property exist in new version too. Please check that you maybe have install some old version (before 2.5)

Try to do clean install, first remowe current version from delphi and disk and then compile/install packages.

If you maybe use some old version and now install new maybe some property is remowed from new version. In that case just click on Ignore, and resave project.

best regards
boki@bergsoft.net | LinkedIn Profile
--
BergSoft Home Page: www.bergsoft.net
Users Section: users.bergsoft.net
Articles and Tutorials: help.bergsoft.net (Developers Network)
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--
Send us applications made with our components and we will submit them on: www.bergsoft.net/apps.htm. Link to this page will be also set on home page too.

#4 jrag1976

jrag1976
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 06:40 AM

How do I delete de old Files, could teh files be in another place other than the Installation default path?

Thanks
QUOTE (MasterEvil)
hi,

had you installed a previous version of gridview?
If so,  you maybe have old properties in your project.

greetz,
Steffen

#5 jrag1976

jrag1976
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 06:42 AM

Well I did the clean install, and I still have the same problems, I cant use the components when I run the project. Is there something that I'm not doing right? The Packages are correctly installed Unless there are some files missing.

QUOTE (Boki)
Hello,

This property exist in new version too. Please check that you maybe have install some old version (before 2.5)

Try to do clean install, first remowe current version from delphi and disk and then compile/install packages.

If you maybe use some old version and now install new maybe some property is remowed from new version. In that case just click on Ignore, and resave project.

best regards

#6 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,195 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 01:23 PM

Hi,

Can you please tell me do you see Berg tab in components pallete? Can you please add one GridView on form and chose version from pop-up menu, and tell me your version number.

Also, when you open old project, move form slightly to tell Delphi that you have changed something, and then re-save all.

best regards
--
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--
Send us applications made with our components and we will submit them on: www.bergsoft.net/apps.htm. Link to this page will be also set on home page too.

#7 jrag1976

jrag1976
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 11:45 PM

I can all 3 palletes and the version is 2.9

the error that displays is:

"project1.exe raised exception classEReadError with Message 'Property AppearanceOptions does not exist; Process Stopped"
QUOTE (Boki)
Hi,

Can you please tell me do you see Berg tab in components pallete? Can you please add one GridView on form and chose version from pop-up menu, and tell me your version number.

Also, when you open old project, move form slightly to tell Delphi that you have changed something, and then re-save all.

best regards

#8 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,195 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 11:53 PM

Hi,

Can you please tell me does this property (AppearanceOptions) exist in ObjectInspector when you click on component on form. Thank you.
best regards
--
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--

#9 jrag1976

jrag1976
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 01:40 AM

Yes I can see it and use it
QUOTE (Boki)
Hi,

Can you please tell me does this property (AppearanceOptions) exist in ObjectInspector when you click on component on form. Thank you.
best regards

#10 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,195 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 02:10 AM

Hi,

Let we try on test more sad.gif

Place GridView on empty form and play with AppearanceOptions property.

Run Project and tell me if error occur. Thank you.

Also, do you maybe have in Library path, path to 2 different versions of GridView on disk?

best regards
--
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users