Suggestion: TComboColumn with Images

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MFinkle

MFinkle
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 January 2005 - 05:46 AM

We are trying to use a TComboCollumn with images to make a column that works like the Priority column in Outlook. Here are the problems:

1. Currently, when not in edit mode, the cells do not display the image. The image is only displayed when the combobox editor is active.

2. In Outlook, the image and text are displayed when the combobox editor is active. But only the image is displayed when the editor is not active.

3. Since only the image is displayed when the editor is not active, the width of the column is only 20 pixels (or so) wide. When the cobo editor is dropped down it can be much wider so the image and text are displayed.

Here are my suggestions (we are looking at implementing them in our gridview code) for changes to TComboColumn:

1. Change "ShowImages" from boolean to enum with the following values:
soNone - do not show images
soBoth - show images in cell area and dropdown list
soListOnly - show images only in dropdown list

2. Add "ShowText" with same enum values as above

3. Add "DropDownWidth" so we can make the drop down list wider tha the column width.

Thoughts?

Mark Finkle

#2 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,195 posts

Posted 28 January 2005 - 07:07 AM

Hello Mark,

If you need it, I can add it. I hope that is easy.

Before some time I was think about changing ComboBoxColumn from string column to integer column? What do you think about this?

But, in that case column will need to add inside list every new edited value from InplaceEditor:

if you have next items:
one
two
three

and you type "four" in InplaceEditor while column is in edit mode, four will be automaticaly added to list.

AsString will still work fine, but it will return Items[AsInteger];

regards
boki@bergsoft.net | LinkedIn Profile
--
BergSoft Home Page: www.bergsoft.net
Users Section: users.bergsoft.net
Articles and Tutorials: help.bergsoft.net (Developers Network)
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--
Send us applications made with our components and we will submit them on: www.bergsoft.net/apps.htm. Link to this page will be also set on home page too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users