Luben's Content

There have been 28 items by Luben (Search limited from 20-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#17008 NextGrid v6 - First Demo

Posted by Luben on 21 December 2012 - 08:28 AM in Developement Roadmaps

Hi Boki,

There are two small glitches in the program:

1. When the program runs the most left column looks filled with info from bottom forms canvases

2. When a checkbox is selected and when adding rows in one moment the last checked cell becomes highlighted (blue)

See the video below

Attached File  NextGrid behavior.wmv   304.48KB   9 downloads

Best regards,
Luben

#17004 NextGrid scroll bars misbehavior

Posted by Luben on 20 December 2012 - 11:05 PM in NextGrid Component

Hi Boki,

I think that I located the problem - it's something wrong happening during the NextGrid initialization (Create) in Frames. The following facts confirm my observation:

1. Frames don't have OnCreate event, it should be artificially made by overriding manually the constructor Create

2. In the Frame OnCreate (see 1) procedure if I add rows in NextGrid the scroll bars appear (manifestation of the problem)

3. If in the main form where the frame was placed I manually Reset the NextGrid (NextGrid.ClearRows) and add the rows - everything becomes alright - see the attached video below

Attached File  Scroll Bars.wmv   245.23KB   2 downloads

In short - if the grid was initialized in the main form (not in the frame) - the problem is not there.

Best regards,
Luben

#16998 TNxComboBox Hide focus problem

Posted by Luben on 18 December 2012 - 10:08 PM in Next Editors

Hi,

I noticed that HideFocus is not working on TNxComboBox when style is set as dsDropDownList - when combo is selected the box becomes blue. The same problem is not visible when using the style dsDropDown.

Best regards,
Luben

#16997 NextGrid scroll bars misbehavior

Posted by Luben on 18 December 2012 - 06:04 PM in NextGrid Component

Hi Boki,

I found something bizarre - I managed to fix the problem but I feel that something is wrong. In short:
1. I have a main form with multiple tabs (NxPageControl)
2. I have multiple frames, each frame is used only once in the main form. There are multiple components on each frame, including NextGrid tables
3. In the frame where the problem grid resides there are several NextGrid, only one is misbehaving.
4. I found that if I delete all columns in the problem grid on the main form (but not touching the columns in the frame) the problem disappears.

In short - if I delete the columns in the frame implementation (frame placed on the form) the grid is OK.
BTW I found before that if I delete / add NextGrid columns in the main form (but not touching the frames) sometimes the column description remains in the class declarations. The result is - when you add in the form or in the frame a column and if by accident it has the same name as the remained one an error message pops up. The solution is to manually delete this column.

I guess it's something connected with the frames

Best regards,
Luben

#16996 NextGrid scroll bars misbehavior

Posted by Luben on 18 December 2012 - 02:37 PM in NextGrid Component

Hi Boki,

The grid is placed on TFrame, DoubleBuffered was set to False both to frame and the grid.

It looks like there is some hidden, private variable that holds the memory of this misbehavior - once the grid "switches" in this mode there is no way to return it back. The solution is - delete the grid and redesign it from scratch. I'll try to gather more information how and when the problem appears.

BTW, I always keep doubleBuffered to False, setting it to True yields multiple problems

Best regards,
Luben

PS
I found that setting HideScrollBars to False hides the horizontal bar
1. HideScrollBar = False
With hideScrollBars.png

2. HideScrollBar = True
HideScrollBars to True.png

#16994 NextGrid scroll bars misbehavior

Posted by Luben on 17 December 2012 - 11:05 AM in NextGrid Component

Hi,

I found the following NextGrid misbehavior on latest version of components:

1. I have a grid with 10 rows.
2. To speed up the design I copy/paste one existing table and modified some of the columns (also added and removed columns).
3. During design time I make the form long (10 and 1/2 rows) and wide enough to avoid scroll bars. During Form creation I add 10 rows.
4. When the program runs I see that the Scroll bars appeared despite that there is no need from Scroll bars

I found that if I design the table with 10 and 1/2 rows the problem appears - see images below:
Grid 10 and half rows.png
scroll bars 10 and half.png

When I make the grid to be 11 and something rows (a little more than 11 rows exactly) - everything is OK.

grid 11 rows.png
display 11 rows - last row empty.png

You can see how the last line is dark just because I added 10 rows and the space is for 11 rows.

It's strange that if I delete the whole table and redesign it from scratch the problem disappears.
Is there a way to suppress the scroll bars completely?

Best regards,
Luben

#16987 NxSpinEdit Show/Hide Spin buttons

Posted by Luben on 12 December 2012 - 06:34 AM in Next Editors

Hi,

I think there is some small misbehavior in the NxSpinEdit - when the Property SpinButton is False (hidden) I can't use anymore the mouse wheel to increment/decrement the values. In my opinion the correct behavior is:

- property SpinButtons should only affect thevisual appearance of the buttons, it should not suppress the evenmts from the mouse wheel

- there should be an additional property - ShowSpinButtonsOnEdit. If SpinButtons is False and ShowSpinButtonsOnEdit is True when editing the edit box area the spin buttons will reappear automatically and after leaving the text box they will hide. In many cases it's a good idea to hide the SpinButtons because they create huge "visual noise" and the form becomes overpopulated with small details which distract the attention. In such case the SpinButtons should appear only when we edit this particular editbox. Actually this is exactly the behavior we have in NextGrid for columns TNxNumbColumn

Best regards,
Luben

#16979 NxSpinEdit shows button

Posted by Luben on 05 December 2012 - 07:36 AM in Next Collection

Hi,

Probably setting the button position outside of the visible canvas can solve the problem.

As I said during run time there are no problems but you'll be very worried if you load an old project and you see completely different view of the NxSpinEdit components. The design time is following the principle - "what you see is what you get", here you see one picture in design time and different in run time and of course this yields problems.

Imagine that you have on the form 100 NxSpinEdit controls and half should display the button and half should be without button and to make things worse all controls are shuffled. To check is it everything alright you need in design time to visit the Property inspector of each component instead of throwing a look at the form. Notice that it's not always possible to run the whole application in order to check the NxSpinEdit were set correctly - for example if a team of programmers is working separately on different forms or if there are multiple mistakes in the source.

My point is - in some cases this visual glitch could turn into a boring "feature".

Best regards,
Luben

#16977 NxSpinEdit shows button

Posted by Luben on 04 December 2012 - 08:55 PM in Next Collection

Hi,

I noticed in the latest Next Collection that NxSpinEdit has a button. This is a nice feature but there is one small visual problem during design time. When you place the component on form it always appears with button despite that ShowButton is False. After toggling the ShownButton to on and then off the button disappears, but on the next reloading of the project things return to wrong state.

In short - I can see that TNxSpinButton button is initially shown despite that the property ShowButton is false. During run time everything is alright but during the design time the components look weird with the button shown - see below:

TNxSpinEdit.png

Best regards,
Luben

#16973 TNextGrid Header orientation problem

Posted by Luben on 04 December 2012 - 11:09 AM in NextGrid Component

Hi,

After installing the latest version of the NextGrid the problem disappeared. So, if somebody is experiencing the same problem with header orientation - install the latest version.

Best regards,
Luben

#16968 TNextGrid Header orientation problem

Posted by Luben on 03 December 2012 - 11:41 PM in NextGrid Component

Hi Boki,

I send the data to boki@bergsoft.net

Best regards,
Luben

#16966 TNextGrid Header orientation problem

Posted by Luben on 03 December 2012 - 07:00 PM in NextGrid Component

Hi Boki,

As I remember there was a problem with Bergsoft Web site and in one moment some or all accounts were wiped away. Our company purchased NextGrid and NextSheet several years ago but we can't access the account since the Bergsoft sote was recovered. I already sent this week an email to support@bergsoftware.net .

Of course if we need to renew or pay something to extend the license - let us know.

Best regards,
Luben

#16964 TNextGrid Header orientation problem

Posted by Luben on 03 December 2012 - 02:55 PM in NextGrid Component

Hi,

I'm not using the latest NextGrid version (we updated the version march 2011), so it could be from the old version
On which email to send the DFM file?
Best regards,
Luben

#16960 Deleting Selected Rows.

Posted by Luben on 30 November 2012 - 09:05 PM in NextDBGrid Component

Hi,

I'm using iteration to delete group of rows, I'll pleased if there is some group delete method.

Best regards,
Luben

#16959 TNextGrid Header orientation problem

Posted by Luben on 30 November 2012 - 06:55 PM in NextGrid Component

Hi,

I got the following problem with TNextGrid - when changing the Header orientation to hoVertical the characters in the header turn into squares - see image below
wrong table.png

Only the first character remains normal. I use Tahoma font for the TNextGrid (I was not able to find a separate Font property for the header).

I saw also something strange - if I type in the header Caption the dot char <.> I see the following behavior:
- one dot - appears correctly on the screen
- two dots - the second dot is exchanged with square
- three dots - on the place of third dot appears dot. In some cases I could see capital <G> (!!!!) in this position
- four dots - displays dot - square - dot - square
dots.png

I'll appreciate some help because I need to make the header text vertical.

Best regards,
Luben

#16958 Start value in NxIncrementColumn

Posted by Luben on 28 November 2012 - 08:21 PM in NextGrid Component

Hi Dan,

Pity, I would suggest you add some property to offset the values in the column. The enumeration of objects doesn't start always from 1, probably value 1 works in 95% of cases but it will be great to have something to cover the other 5%.

#16957 Moving/resizing NextGrid component on design stage

Posted by Luben on 28 November 2012 - 08:18 PM in NextGrid Component

Delphi 2010 14.0.3513.24210
Windows XP SP3

#16956 TNxPageControl with TNextGrid and TMemo misbehavior

Posted by Luben on 28 November 2012 - 08:17 PM in NextGrid Component

Hi Dan,

I'm just putting components onto the TNxPageControl in the design time. Shell I release them implicitly when closing the form? Shell I manually destroy all components like TLabel, TEdit, etc. which were placed in the design time?

Best regards,
Luben

#16955 Pointer or reference to NextGrid.Cells[..] property

Posted by Luben on 28 November 2012 - 08:13 PM in NextGrid Component

Hi Dan,

Thank you for the proposal.
What you show is a way to dynamically create TCell and to display something. My question was different - how to get pointer to this "AsString" property.

Best regards,
Luben

#16948 how do i access fields in an external app that uses TNextGrid

Posted by Luben on 26 November 2012 - 09:37 PM in NextGrid Component

Sure, I'm using data exchange between different applications almost all the time. If using Windows messages there is no problem to update dynamically n real time component properties from one application from the component properties from other application. Even if there is some narrow path to do what you want through RTTI it will be much slower and not reliable.

#16946 how do i access fields in an external app that uses TNextGrid

Posted by Luben on 26 November 2012 - 08:03 PM in NextGrid Component

Hi,
In the link you've sent me - http://stackoverflow...m-a-delphi-grid
they talk about DLL.

But the proper way to do data exchange between two applications is to use Windows messages - it works fine and there are no surprises.

#16944 TNxPageControl with TNextGrid and TMemo misbehavior

Posted by Luben on 26 November 2012 - 12:51 PM in NextGrid Component

Hi,

I got some strange effects when I combine into one TNxpageControl components TNextGrid and TMemo.

In my particular case I have on a single form one TNxpageControl component with 3 tabs. On first tab I use a TNextGrid where I display the results from intensive data exchange between current form and one other application through WM_COPYDATA Windows messages. I can say that everything works smooth until I don't put on second tab TMemo to show the data flow. Once TMemo is placed the communications speed drops significantly (instead of >30 refresh cycles per second I get 1 per 2s !). When closing the form I got error message:

"System Error. Code :5. Access is denied."

and the code breaks to NxPageControl.pas in the section TNxCustomNotebook.Destroy

err.png

Once I take out the Tmemo from the TNxpageControl and things become alright.

Also I found that using DoubleBuffere setto True causes visual problems.

Thank you

Best regards,
Luben

#16943 Start value in NxIncrementColumn

Posted by Luben on 26 November 2012 - 12:28 PM in NextGrid Component

Hi,

I use TNxIncrementColumn in one table to enumerate the byte content. By default TNxIncrementColumn starts the enumeration from 1, but in my case I need to start from 0 or by some other address.

My question is - how I can change the start value (the initial value shown on row 0) of TNxIncrementColumn ?

Thank you.

Best regards,
Luben

#16942 how do i access fields in an external app that uses TNextGrid

Posted by Luben on 26 November 2012 - 10:18 AM in NextGrid Component

Hi,
As I see from the post you still need common DLL otherwise there is no way you can see the component properties from outside the application. But I'll be pleased if there is some way to do this.

#16941 Moving/resizing NextGrid component on design stage

Posted by Luben on 26 November 2012 - 09:36 AM in NextGrid Component

Hi,

I found that NextGrid component behaves strange during design stage if I try to move it on the form or resize it in the following 2 conditions:

1) when the header is hidden. If you attempt to move or resize the grid with the mouse you'll find that it just not responding, but you can move it or resize it through the keyboard,

2) if header is visible but there are no visible rows (the table is too short) you can't move the grid

Simple way to reproduce the misbehavior 1):
- put TNextGrid on your form
- add one column to the grid
- from Options - Hide the header
- try to move or resize the grid with the mouse

Simple way to reproduce the misbehavior 2):
- put TNextGrid on your form
- add one column to the grid
-resize the form height so only the header is visible
- try to move the grid with the mouse

I just found one more misbehavior when Header is hidden - in design stage if you double click on the TNextGrid component you don't initiate the nextGrid Column inspector. In order to do so you need show headers, resize the table to show one row and then double click in this row to initiate the Column inspector.

Best regards,
Luben