• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Luben

Luben
  • Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:55 PM

Hi,

I noticed in the latest Next Collection that NxSpinEdit has a button. This is a nice feature but there is one small visual problem during design time. When you place the component on form it always appears with button despite that ShowButton is False. After toggling the ShownButton to on and then off the button disappears, but on the next reloading of the project things return to wrong state.

In short - I can see that TNxSpinButton button is initially shown despite that the property ShowButton is false. During run time everything is alright but during the design time the components look weird with the button shown - see below:

Attached File  TNxSpinEdit.png   2.85KB   0 downloads

Best regards,
Luben

#2 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:10 AM

Hello Luben,

I don't know how to hide it in design-time (maybe it is not possible in Delphi IDE). I will maybe set negative coordinates when it is in design-time to hide it.
boki@bergsoft.net | LinkedIn Profile
--
BergSoft Home Page: www.bergsoft.net
Users Section: users.bergsoft.net
Articles and Tutorials: help.bergsoft.net (Developers Network)
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--
Send us applications made with our components and we will submit them on: www.bergsoft.net/apps.htm. Link to this page will be also set on home page too.

#3 Luben

Luben
  • Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:36 AM

Hi,

Probably setting the button position outside of the visible canvas can solve the problem.

As I said during run time there are no problems but you'll be very worried if you load an old project and you see completely different view of the NxSpinEdit components. The design time is following the principle - "what you see is what you get", here you see one picture in design time and different in run time and of course this yields problems.

Imagine that you have on the form 100 NxSpinEdit controls and half should display the button and half should be without button and to make things worse all controls are shuffled. To check is it everything alright you need in design time to visit the Property inspector of each component instead of throwing a look at the form. Notice that it's not always possible to run the whole application in order to check the NxSpinEdit were set correctly - for example if a team of programmers is working separately on different forms or if there are multiple mistakes in the source.

My point is - in some cases this visual glitch could turn into a boring "feature".

Best regards,
Luben

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users