1 reply to this topic

#1 Gerry

Gerry
  • Members
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 10 July 2009 - 11:29 AM

Another day, another bug…

I have a DB Inspector with two items, the first is a TNxDBDateItem (Birthday) and as a “child� item a TNxDBTextItem (Place of birth). The value of both fields is null.

In collapsed state (place of birth item is not visible) I can enter the birthday date without any problem.

In expanded state (place of birth item is visible) I can enter the first 2 digits but when I press the ‘-‘ separator the place of birth disappears (collapsed state) and the date of birth becomes today…

When I enter an invalid date (like 'djkhfskjhfsdh') and exit the grid (item), the field value becomes today and I don't get a warning..

#2 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,195 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 02:41 PM

Hello Gerry,

1. Open NxInspector.pas file (in <NextSuite Folder>\Sources\Next Inspector)
2. Find procedure TNxCustomInspector.KeyDown
3. Modify this lines:

CODE
procedure TNxCustomInspector.KeyDown(var Key: Word; Shift: TShiftState);
var
    AItem: TNxPropertyItem;
begin
  inherited;
  case Key of
    189: if Assigned(SelectedItem) and not Assigned(FEditingItem) then SelectedItem.Expanded := False; // <-- Modified
    187: if Assigned(SelectedItem) and not Assigned(FEditingItem) then SelectedItem.Expanded := True; // <-- Modified
      VK_HOME: SelectFirst;

I hope that now will works. I will test it a little bit more for official release.

Best regards
boki@bergsoft.net | LinkedIn Profile
--
BergSoft Home Page: www.bergsoft.net
Users Section: users.bergsoft.net
Articles and Tutorials: help.bergsoft.net (Developers Network)
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--
Send us applications made with our components and we will submit them on: www.bergsoft.net/apps.htm. Link to this page will be also set on home page too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users