HiDPI support needs improvements

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 krundt

krundt
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 December 2022 - 02:28 PM

I am new to this package and find it interesting. However, I cannot now use it as would like to as the support for HiDPI is lacking. For example, the button in a TNxButtonColumn should accept a VirtualImageList and not only a TBitmap (for ButtonGlyph), as a TBitmap is never scaled. I guess a work-around is to use  a TNxIconColumn as there is an OnClick event, but how do I know which cell was actually clicked. Suggestions anyone?

Kenneth

#2 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,195 posts

Posted 25 December 2022 - 02:55 PM

Hi Kenneth,

Yes, this can be a good solution for this. I will consider adding it for upcoming release.

My idea was to use bigger bitmaps that contain icons in several resolutions. Like it was used before for TSpeedButton in Delphi. Tell me if you think that this can be a good solution for you.

boki@bergsoft.net | LinkedIn Profile
--
BergSoft Home Page: www.bergsoft.net
Users Section: users.bergsoft.net
Articles and Tutorials: help.bergsoft.net (Developers Network)
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--
Send us applications made with our components and we will submit them on: www.bergsoft.net/apps.htm. Link to this page will be also set on home page too.

#3 krundt

krundt
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 December 2022 - 05:15 PM

Hi,

I don't really care which version you offer as long as it works, but I have used VirtualImageList in almost all my projects, so MAYBE I would prefer this solution.

EDIT: The TNxToolbarColumn can use a VirtualImageList, so one workaround for me right now is to use this instead of TNxButtonColumn.

#4 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,195 posts

Posted 25 December 2022 - 05:40 PM

Hi,

I will add Images and ImageIndex properties to the upcoming release.

boki@bergsoft.net | LinkedIn Profile
--
BergSoft Home Page: www.bergsoft.net
Users Section: users.bergsoft.net
Articles and Tutorials: help.bergsoft.net (Developers Network)
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--
Send us applications made with our components and we will submit them on: www.bergsoft.net/apps.htm. Link to this page will be also set on home page too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users