Photo

NxButtonEdit6 (and others), what happened to the default flat look of it?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 FourWhey

FourWhey
  • Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 08:36 PM

The default of the control was a flat style, now it's more like older controls with inner / outer bevel to give it a 3D effect, which in my opinion looks less modern.

With the new control, I don't seem to be able to attain the same look of the old default.

http://i.imgur.com/uP2jR5L.png

Is this a mistake or the new look of things?

#2 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 09:11 PM

Hi,

Can you please tell me which version of Delphi you use? For Delphi 6 or 7 I think that you need to use manifest, to drop it on form.
boki@bergsoft.net | LinkedIn Profile
--
BergSoft Home Page: www.bergsoft.net
Users Section: users.bergsoft.net
Articles and Tutorials: help.bergsoft.net (Developers Network)
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--
Send us applications made with our components and we will submit them on: www.bergsoft.net/apps.htm. Link to this page will be also set on home page too.

#3 FourWhey

FourWhey
  • Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 10:22 PM

Hi,

Can you please tell me which version of Delphi you use? For Delphi 6 or 7 I think that you need to use manifest, to drop it on form.

This is D6, the default properties for the control have changed from v5 to v6. The v5 default was a flat default, now it's no longer flat.

The screen shot is showing the two controls side by side on the same form within the same application. v6 requires something in the manifest now to make it behave the same way as v5?

#4 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 10:30 PM

Hi,

I understand. D7 include component which you place on form and all controls get styles. In D6 I remember to use Mike Lische components for this purpose.

Most probably I will then use same drawing as in v5, I wanted to avoid it if possible.
boki@bergsoft.net | LinkedIn Profile
--
BergSoft Home Page: www.bergsoft.net
Users Section: users.bergsoft.net
Articles and Tutorials: help.bergsoft.net (Developers Network)
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--
Send us applications made with our components and we will submit them on: www.bergsoft.net/apps.htm. Link to this page will be also set on home page too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users