d6user's Content

There have been 12 items by d6user (Search limited from 26-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#18930 Upgrading from NextSuite v5 to NextSuite v6

Posted by d6user on 10 December 2016 - 09:06 PM in General Discussion

\Components\Berg\Sources
\Components\Berg\Sources\Next Grid
\Components\Berg\Sources\Next DBGrid
\Components\Berg\Sources\Next Sheet
\Components\Berg\Sources\Next TBX

Okay, success. I've got it working now. I had to add to the Library, all the components from the ..\source\ folder. Now it compiles.

NextSuite v5 for Delphi XE7 is now successfully installed. Later, at some point, I will install v6.  Thank you!

#18928 Upgrading from NextSuite v5 to NextSuite v6

Posted by d6user on 10 December 2016 - 07:38 PM in General Discussion

I am having a compiling problem. See image, below. How do I resolve?

(note: link to image below will expire in 7 days and will no longer work after that)

https://s28.postimg....mpile_error.png

#18927 Upgrading from NextSuite v5 to NextSuite v6

Posted by d6user on 10 December 2016 - 07:10 PM in General Discussion

Hi Boki. Success! Everything worked just as you said plus the video. Now I have the components on the components palette.

Thanks a bunch!!!  :)

Just curious... but how do you get your UI icons to display horizontally instead of the standard vertical position in the palette for XE7?

#18925 Upgrading from NextSuite v5 to NextSuite v6

Posted by d6user on 10 December 2016 - 07:25 AM in General Discussion

There is no "install" option in the drop-down menu when I right-click any of the files. For example, "NxAddonsRun_dxe7.dpk" has no "install" option. And when I double-click it, nothing happens. XE7 does not open, either. 

#18924 Upgrading from NextSuite v5 to NextSuite v6

Posted by d6user on 10 December 2016 - 07:14 AM in General Discussion

I am thinking that you mean these packages, located in this folder: "F:\Program Files (x86)\Berg\Next Suite\Packages\Delphi XE 7"

Is there a specific order to selecting them, or any order will work?

#18923 Upgrading from NextSuite v5 to NextSuite v6

Posted by d6user on 10 December 2016 - 07:02 AM in General Discussion

Please note, that I do not install any software on my hdd. Since this is a laptop, and laptops do get stolen. I install all my apps and components on a flash drive. I have a 64GB flash drive that I install all apps onto. I have not had a single problem doing this, and will not change from this practice. I have my flash drive set to an F: drive letter. 

I'm not very familiar with XE7 component installations. Its tricky, all the time. I always have trouble installing any component and dread them, always. 

As of right now, it appears that the "nextcomps5_10-16.exe" installer app did not install anything, only went through the motions on screen. At least, that's how it appeared to me. I did not have XE7 running. It was closed during installation. And I did not have any previous nextgrid or nextsuite installed. 

Next, I went into: menu, Tools, Options, and scrolled down to Delphi Options, selected Library, and under Library Path I selected the [...] and searched for any berg or nextgrid or nextsuite items. But I do not see anything. So, it appears to have installed nothing. 

I am at a loss.  Did I download the wrong file?

#18921 Upgrading from NextSuite v5 to NextSuite v6

Posted by d6user on 10 December 2016 - 06:31 AM in General Discussion

I downloaded the "nextcomps5_10-16.exe" file.  Next, I ran the installer and entered the password. After it said completed, I loaded up Delphi XE7 (professional version), but the nextgrid components are not showing. 

Did I miss a step?

#18920 Upgrading from NextSuite v5 to NextSuite v6

Posted by d6user on 10 December 2016 - 06:03 AM in General Discussion

ah, got it.. and am in, thank you  :)

#18918 Upgrading from NextSuite v5 to NextSuite v6

Posted by d6user on 10 December 2016 - 05:58 AM in General Discussion

hi, just sent it via PM.

#18917 Upgrading from NextSuite v5 to NextSuite v6

Posted by d6user on 10 December 2016 - 05:56 AM in General Discussion

i thought the username is the same one to my login to the forum.

#18915 Upgrading from NextSuite v5 to NextSuite v6

Posted by d6user on 10 December 2016 - 05:46 AM in General Discussion

I am unable to log into the bms.bergsoft.net/ website. 

I reset my password three times and tried so many times but it will not let me in. I know I am registered because how else would I have downladed and installed v5. 

Can you help me resolve this? There is no rush, just whenever you get a free moment....

Thanks. 

#18913 Upgrading from NextSuite v5 to NextSuite v6

Posted by d6user on 09 December 2016 - 11:03 PM in General Discussion

Hi Boki,  I don't know if you remember me. But its been about two years since I last signed on. I am an oldie from the delphi 6 days, still using it, and 7, but I have finally taken the plunge and upgraded to XE7 since late 2014. So I'm two years into xe7 and going strong. But I still use 6/7 on my other computers. My main development is on this laptop, using XE7 on it. 

I have tried other grids for XE7 but they just don't have the style I like, and they are more complicated to set up. I keep wanting to go back to nextgrid. So, here I am, and have decided to upgrade my nextgrid nextsuite v5 to v6 for at least XE7.

Can I upgrade to v5 for XE7? and what is the process and cost to do so?

My current specs: Windows 7 64bit,  Delphi XE7 update 1 Firedac and the Mobile add-on packs, both installed. I realize your grid is VCL, which is what I am developing for anyway. 

Please advise, and thank you for a great grid tool.