Compatible with AlphaSkins ?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 rond

rond
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 05:28 PM

I'm currently evaluating the nextgrid-components as a possible replacement for the default grids as available in Delphi 7.
We're using the AlphaSkin-component ( version 6 from http://www.alphaskins.com ) to skin our application.

So far everything appears ok, except that the grid doesn't use the skin.
As a result I get everything 'grey' as opposed to the 'blue'-theme (see attached screenshot).

Are there any known issues for the Nextgrid and related components ?

Attached Files

#2 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 03:09 AM

Hello Rond,

Unfortunately, I didn't work with authors of AlphaSkins to provide better integration. But this may be changed in future.

In this sample Grid is green since this color scheme is enabled inside WindowsXP

Best regards
boki@bergsoft.net | LinkedIn Profile
--
BergSoft Home Page: www.bergsoft.net
Users Section: users.bergsoft.net
Articles and Tutorials: help.bergsoft.net (Developers Network)
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--
Send us applications made with our components and we will submit them on: www.bergsoft.net/apps.htm. Link to this page will be also set on home page too.

#3 sergi

sergi
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 07:49 PM

Hello Boki,

I'm on the same boat, it will be interesting add support to alpha skins... meanwhile Rond, you can use HeaderStyle property of Next Grid to set a color scheme similar to your alpha skin.

Regards

#4 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:11 PM

Hello,

For first aid, I have add custom drawing headers routine, maybe this can help, but if someone is also interested I may contact authors of AlphaSkins to they help me with implementing their drawings.

Best regards
--
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--
Send us applications made with our components and we will submit them on: www.bergsoft.net/apps.htm. Link to this page will be also set on home page too.

#5 rond

rond
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 11:03 AM

Our current solution is setting the theme for this grid to one that matches our "Office 2007"-style.
I should mention that we're still using v6 of the Alphaskin component, so I don't know if updating to their latest version would change things.
Unfortunately updating the skin would require quite a bit more time we can't afford to lose at the moment.

Thanks for your support smile.gif

#6 alweis

alweis
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:58 AM

Hello Boki,

I just purchased the NextDBGrid for evaluation. So far so good, everything is working fine. Thank you for an excellent grid. I too am a user of alphaskins and would find it most convenient if this were supported.

For the other users of alphaskins, the TNextDBGrid must be added to the list of third party controls in the (Alpha Skins) Skin Manager. I haven't had a chance to look at this thoroughly yet but two problems I noted right away, multiple drawing of the header captions and scrollbars not active. If I find solutions, I will post them here.

Anyway, thanks again for a great reasonable priced grid.

Best Regards,

Al

#7 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:32 AM

Hi Al,

I will definitely work on better support for third-party skin components.

If you find some solution, I will be glad to consider it.

Best regards
--
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--

#8 alweis

alweis
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 01:09 AM

Hello Boki,

Just a short update and question. I am moving along with porting my application to Delphi. I will definitely be using NextGrid. Version 5.4.1 resolved the problem I had with the vertical scrollbar. The multiple drawing of the header captions were resolved by implementing the onCustomDrawHeader Event.

In most instances I do not use the row indicator because there is no exposed event that permits custom drawing so that I can have a unified appearance for the grid header and indicator. Would it be possible to implement a onCustomIndicatorDraw Event that is analogous to the onCustomDrawHeader?

Whatever the outcome, I would like to thank you again for a stable, attractive, small-footprint and cost-effective grid.

Best Regards,

Al

#9 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 03:03 PM

Hello Al,

I will add this event for upcoming version.

Best regards
--
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--

#10 alweis

alweis
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 06:23 AM

Hello,

I loaded up Version 5.5. Thank you for the onCustomIndicatorDraw Event :). This resolves all significant outstanding issues that I had in using your grid in conjunction with AlphaControls. As far as I am concerned, you have the best grid when all aspects of the many grids that are out there are taken into consideration. There is one minor issue that is not critical. I would like to paint the cell that is effectively cell(-1,-1) to further unify the look. I realize this is small potatoes but I wouldn't mind :ph34r: hacking it myself if I had an idea of how to do it. Any small bit of help would be appreciated.

Best Regards,

Al

#11 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 01:10 PM

Hi Al,

I think that I will use OnCustomDrawHeader for painting this upper-left box.
--
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users