Some noob question

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 JoeyRamone

JoeyRamone
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 10:47 PM

I've got the D7 NXDBGrid. How can my headers look like this: http://www.bergsoft....phic-column.gif
And i have not find a way yet to change individual columns/headers properties, it just retrive the field name from the DataSource and display the header in fixed size with such name...Thanks!!

#2 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 12:11 PM

Hello Joey,

This sceenshot is from Windows Vista OS. When you run program that contain column headers it will adjust it's look to the Operating System.

I hope that this helps,

Best regards
boki@bergsoft.net | LinkedIn Profile
--
BergSoft Home Page: www.bergsoft.net
Users Section: users.bergsoft.net
Articles and Tutorials: help.bergsoft.net (Developers Network)
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--
Send us applications made with our components and we will submit them on: www.bergsoft.net/apps.htm. Link to this page will be also set on home page too.

#3 JoeyRamone

JoeyRamone
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 01:41 PM

QUOTE (Boki (Berg) @ Sep 18 2008, 08:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello Joey,

This sceenshot is from Windows Vista OS. When you run program that contain column headers it will adjust it's look to the Operating System.

I hope that this helps,

Best regards

Thanks, but what about the columns?Do i have to create one by one with the columns editors to be alble to handle each column object and its properties?Can't i retrieve them from the database?

I'm new to this grid it seems great and simple(which is a good thing),
I know it retrieves the columns from the database when i run the application if i set doAddColumns to True but it does not create the columns objects.

#4 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 02:06 PM

Hello Joey,

Please note that columns will be added automatically if there are no other columns added yet. If you want you may send me small sample of project to I test it and make it run well.

Best regards
--
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--
Send us applications made with our components and we will submit them on: www.bergsoft.net/apps.htm. Link to this page will be also set on home page too.

#5 JoeyRamone

JoeyRamone
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 02:47 PM

QUOTE (Boki (Berg) @ Sep 18 2008, 10:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello Joey,

Please note that columns will be added automatically if there are no other columns added yet. If you want you may send me small sample of project to I test it and make it run well.

Best regards

You mean that if i set doAddColumns to True and have no columns created with the editor , the column objects will be auto-created? If so, that's not happening.Look both screenshots please:

1 - Project running ( columns are retrived from database ):
screen 1

2 - Project not running ( I don't have any column objects in the Delphi's Object TreeView ):
Screen2

thanks

#6 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 04:49 PM

Hello Joey,

I am not sure that I understand. Can you please additinally describe your problem. When I activate DataSet, columns are automatically added (doAddColumns is enabled)

Thank you

Best regards
--
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--

#7 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 05:40 PM

Hello,

You need also to open dataset to have columns added. Most probably you only activate DataSet in run-time.

Best regards
--
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users