NextGrid6 issues?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mmikac

mmikac
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 10:44 PM

I used NextGrid5 for years in D7, D2006...

Now, after I bought D10.2, I started new project and started using NextGrid6.

However, after finishing a huge part of GUI design, I noticed quite unusuall and annoying things:

1. In design mode, after defining all columns, I decided to make some rearangement of visual part (meaning, I changed Position property of columns, while leaving Index as it is) - in form designer, after refresh, everything looks fine, columns are ordered and shown as expected, based on Position property. But, in run-time, I get my NextGrid6 with columns ignoring Position!? Am I doing something wrong, is that known issue and how to overcome it (as much I remember, never had similar issue with NextGrid5)

2. I put NextGrid6 on my form, and one simple TEdit... I usually use that for fast search or filtering the data in NextGrid... Setup NextGrid to show selection, onKeyDown of TEdit I make my search/logic and finally select row with SelectedRow... But, even though HideSelection is false, I don't have expected visual response from the NextGrid, until I first give it a focus... after that, searching works fine and selection jumps on the rows I'm looking for... So, the only way I managed it to work is to make simple SelectCell in onShow of the form (after populating the grid) Also, I think that worked fine, out of the box, in NextGrid5

Number (1) is quite frustrating, I'm not sure what to do, I have more than 25 columns and really not ready to go back to NextGrid5...

#2 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,661 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:37 PM

Hi,

I will work on 1st issue now. I have big update in about 1 week.
boki@bergsoft.net | LinkedIn Profile
--
BergSoft Home Page: www.bergsoft.net
Members Section: bms.bergsoft.net
Articles and Tutorials: dn.bergsoft.net (Developers Network)
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--
Send us applications made with our components and we will submit them on: www.bergsoft.net/apps.htm. Link to this page will be also set on home page too.

#3 mmikac

mmikac
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 05:56 PM

Ok. If I knew, that's really an issue, I would use NxGrid5...

Is there something I could do programatically to bring runtime columns appear based on their Position (it's almost a joke, since it works fine in design mode!)?

#4 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,661 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 06:22 PM

Hi,

Sorry for this problems,

This is a bug that I probably made recently and didn't notice it :(

I hope that I will fix it over weekend.
--
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--
Send us applications made with our components and we will submit them on: www.bergsoft.net/apps.htm. Link to this page will be also set on home page too.

#5 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,661 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 02:13 PM

Hi,

I tried to reproduce 1st bug, but without luck. Can you tell me which version of NextGrid6 you use, maybe I have fixed it in meanwhile? I have tried to re-arrange columns into many positions and it's always the same in design-time and run-time.

If you can maybe record me small video where this happens it will help a lot.
--
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users