• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Gerry

Gerry
  • Members
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 28 August 2009 - 01:45 PM

To keep you bussy this weekend, I have a simple question, hope there is also a simple answer:

Why isn’t it possible to add 'non data aware' items to the 'data aware' inspector?

#2 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 03:31 AM

Hello Gerry,

I have never come to this situation smile.gif but, I have test it now and in run-time works. In design-time you don't have a buttons for it.

I hope that this helps.

Best regards
boki@bergsoft.net | LinkedIn Profile
--
BergSoft Home Page: www.bergsoft.net
Users Section: users.bergsoft.net
Articles and Tutorials: help.bergsoft.net (Developers Network)
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--
Send us applications made with our components and we will submit them on: www.bergsoft.net/apps.htm. Link to this page will be also set on home page too.

#3 Gerry

Gerry
  • Members
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 31 August 2009 - 12:26 PM

Here is why I posted the question:

Several weeks ago I needed an inspector item showing the description of the master record. One solution was to use a lookup item and to disable editing. Doing it this way would result in executing an extra query when displaying a detail record. Another solution was to use a non data aware text item but at design time you don’t allow me to add those items to a data aware inspector. Finally I found the DisplayText event / property of TField. Problem more or less solved.

Last week I was looking at a competing inspector component. It’s not as polished as yours but it does allow me to add both ‘non data aware’ and ‘data aware’ items to the same inspector. Adding this feature to your inspector makes it more flexible.

#4 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 10:09 PM

Hello Gerry,

I am not sure that I can add buttons from non-db inspector into same editor, but why to not use a db-item without a FieldName property specified?

You may also always add non-db items from run-time.

PS. You may also add a item in design-time. You just need to change item type in editor, and then View form as text and change type too.

Best regards
boki@bergsoft.net | LinkedIn Profile
--
BergSoft Home Page: www.bergsoft.net
Users Section: users.bergsoft.net
Articles and Tutorials: help.bergsoft.net (Developers Network)
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--
Send us applications made with our components and we will submit them on: www.bergsoft.net/apps.htm. Link to this page will be also set on home page too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users