• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Xillion

Xillion
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 01:05 PM

Hello Boki,

After some searching on the forum I came to the conclusion that there is no possibility to make the footer stand out from the other cells, apart from setting a different background color. I would like to make the footer look very different from the normal cells, that means setting a larger or bold font, changing colors etc. I want the footer to be more noticable for my users.

I just wanted to check if there really is no way to do this?

If the answer is no, here are my thoughts for making this possible:
- add a Font property to the TFooter class. This way we could set the footer font for each column.
- adding a general footerfont property to the grid. Less flexible because that would set 1 font for all column footers, however this could be nice if it is a "default" footer font that can be overruled in the TFooter's font property.)
- making the footer cells appear in the OnCellColoring and OnCellFormatting events (or create seperate events for the footer, e.g. OnFooterColoring and OnFooterFormatting).
Maybe a all of the above or some kind of combination would be nice.

I'd like to hear from you if there is a way to change the footer fonts, and/or what you think of the above thoughts.

Kind regards,

Stijn.

Xillion ICT Solutions - www.xillion.nl

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

#2 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,194 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 01:27 AM

Hello Stijn,

Feature may be added, but I really need to think about adding it.

I don't want to bloat TFooter class, and I am a little bit worry to made some incompatibilities with existing code.

Best regards
boki@bergsoft.net | LinkedIn Profile
--
BergSoft Home Page: www.bergsoft.net
Users Section: users.bergsoft.net
Articles and Tutorials: help.bergsoft.net (Developers Network)
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--
Send us applications made with our components and we will submit them on: www.bergsoft.net/apps.htm. Link to this page will be also set on home page too.

#3 Xillion

Xillion
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 12:29 PM

Hi Boki,

I looked at the code, and I can understand you are worried about issues with existing code.

Based on what I have seen on my quick browse trough the formatting code the option for just adding a TFooter.Font property looks the most doable. At least it gives enough options. You can make the footer visually different from the rest of the grid, but you could also change the font @runtime (after the footer is calculated) when for example an average value is too low. Then you can make it e.g. bold and red so the user can easily see that something is wrong.
At the moment I'm using the grid to show the results of complex chemical analyses to a user, and they have to see the "incorrect" averages at the glance of an eye.

Anyway, I hope you get the chance to implement this. It would really be a great addition.

Regards,
Stijn.
Xillion ICT Solutions - www.xillion.nl

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

#4 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,194 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 11:20 PM

Hello Stijn,

I will need to think more. I respect your suggestions.

Best regards
boki@bergsoft.net | LinkedIn Profile
--
BergSoft Home Page: www.bergsoft.net
Users Section: users.bergsoft.net
Articles and Tutorials: help.bergsoft.net (Developers Network)
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--
Send us applications made with our components and we will submit them on: www.bergsoft.net/apps.htm. Link to this page will be also set on home page too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users