NextGrid6 issues?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 mmikac

mmikac
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 10:44 PM

I used NextGrid5 for years in D7, D2006...

Now, after I bought D10.2, I started new project and started using NextGrid6.

However, after finishing a huge part of GUI design, I noticed quite unusuall and annoying things:

1. In design mode, after defining all columns, I decided to make some rearangement of visual part (meaning, I changed Position property of columns, while leaving Index as it is) - in form designer, after refresh, everything looks fine, columns are ordered and shown as expected, based on Position property. But, in run-time, I get my NextGrid6 with columns ignoring Position!? Am I doing something wrong, is that known issue and how to overcome it (as much I remember, never had similar issue with NextGrid5)

2. I put NextGrid6 on my form, and one simple TEdit... I usually use that for fast search or filtering the data in NextGrid... Setup NextGrid to show selection, onKeyDown of TEdit I make my search/logic and finally select row with SelectedRow... But, even though HideSelection is false, I don't have expected visual response from the NextGrid, until I first give it a focus... after that, searching works fine and selection jumps on the rows I'm looking for... So, the only way I managed it to work is to make simple SelectCell in onShow of the form (after populating the grid) Also, I think that worked fine, out of the box, in NextGrid5

Number (1) is quite frustrating, I'm not sure what to do, I have more than 25 columns and really not ready to go back to NextGrid5...

#2 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:37 PM

Hi,

I will work on 1st issue now. I have big update in about 1 week.
boki@bergsoft.net | LinkedIn Profile
--
BergSoft Home Page: www.bergsoft.net
Users Section: users.bergsoft.net
Articles and Tutorials: help.bergsoft.net (Developers Network)
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--
Send us applications made with our components and we will submit them on: www.bergsoft.net/apps.htm. Link to this page will be also set on home page too.

#3 mmikac

mmikac
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 05:56 PM

Ok. If I knew, that's really an issue, I would use NxGrid5...

Is there something I could do programatically to bring runtime columns appear based on their Position (it's almost a joke, since it works fine in design mode!)?

#4 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 06:22 PM

Hi,

Sorry for this problems,

This is a bug that I probably made recently and didn't notice it :(

I hope that I will fix it over weekend.
--
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--
Send us applications made with our components and we will submit them on: www.bergsoft.net/apps.htm. Link to this page will be also set on home page too.

#5 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 02:13 PM

Hi,

I tried to reproduce 1st bug, but without luck. Can you tell me which version of NextGrid6 you use, maybe I have fixed it in meanwhile? I have tried to re-arrange columns into many positions and it's always the same in design-time and run-time.

If you can maybe record me small video where this happens it will help a lot.
--
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--

#6 mmikac

mmikac
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 04:02 PM

I'm using Delphi 10.2.3 Enterprise ( 10.2 Version 25.0.29899.2631) , NextGrid 6 (Next Suite 6.1.1  (4.2018), NextGrid 6.1.0).

I just wanted to send you screenshots, but now I noticed that all my position properites were reset in design mode to equal index property!?

Let me first rearrange it again and see what happens... If it will continue to reset, I will have additional problem.

Here it is - design time:

Attached File  grid1-problem.png   25.98KB   2 downloads

Here it is - runtime (notice bottom grid - all positions are reset and columns are shown based on their Index, Positions are obviously rearraneged, I don't know why!)

Attached File  grid2-problem.png   7.71KB   3 downloads

But, now I reloaded the project and my columns are reset in design mode too!!!??? (That's something I didn't noticed previously! - So it may be Delphi related, but... what to do!?)

#7 mmikac

mmikac
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 04:03 PM

The app is almost finished... and now I have to stop all the work and see what to do with the grid... The easiest may be rearranging columns as I need them visually, but since the number of columns is huge, it will need many chages in the code...

#8 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 04:19 PM

Hi,

Can you please tell me do you use mouse or Move Up/Move Down option to arrange columns, or just set Position property of column.

For first aid please set Position manually in code.

I will work on it to inspect it and solve it.
--
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--

#9 mmikac

mmikac
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 09:12 PM

Boki, I just tried little more in designer (Delphi)...

Incredible situations - in design mode (visual - View as Form), i define Position and it refreshes/repaints ok in design mode. (As previously stated, doesn't work in runtime).

What i tried now is - swap to View as Text... checked Position and it is set ok on columns I need... But, when going back to View as Form, Position gets the same value as Index! So, actually, it makes problems in design mode too...

Now, I did setup position in code, works fine in runtime...

#10 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 10:21 PM

Hi,

I think I found what it the issue. I will work on it now.

For first aid please use run-time set and I will fix it in meanwhile.
--
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--

#11 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 08:35 PM

Hi,

I think I have fixed it. It will be available in next update in couple of days.
--
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users