Uwe Raabe's Content

There have been 7 items by Uwe Raabe (Search limited from 26-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#20845 Content of Invisible Cells in NextDBGrid

Posted by Uwe Raabe on 27 July 2020 - 10:31 AM in NextDBGrid v6 Component

Thanks. I actually assumed that, but wanted to make sure.

#20843 Content of Invisible Cells in NextDBGrid

Posted by Uwe Raabe on 24 July 2020 - 05:59 PM in NextDBGrid v6 Component

Hi,

when iterating over the Cells of a NextDBGrid during an OnAcceptEdit event, the content of invisible Cells is sometimes wrong, often just empty. Is this to be expected?

Regards

Uwe

#20842 Content of Invisible Cells in NextDBGrid

Posted by Uwe Raabe on 24 July 2020 - 04:13 PM in NextGrid v6 Component

Sorry, wrong folder...

Hi,

when iterating over the Cells of a NextDBGrid during an OnAcceptEdit event, the content of invisible Cells is sometimes wrong, often just empty. Is this to be expected?

Regards

Uwe

#20769 CheckBox Column with Check-All Functionality

Posted by Uwe Raabe on 14 May 2020 - 10:29 AM in NextGrid v6 Component

Thanks, I appreciate your effort to find a solution.

Do you see any way to encapsulate the whole functionality inside a class helper for or descendant of TNxCheckBoxColumn6?

In my use case I have two columns with this requirement and I tried to separate the code into a new unit which I just have to use to get the requested behavior. The problem I have is that I don't know how I can iterate the cell values when I don't have access to the grid instance from inside the column class.

#20766 CheckBox Column with Check-All Functionality

Posted by Uwe Raabe on 07 May 2020 - 04:50 PM in NextGrid v6 Component

Strange. I was pretty confident I did. Never mind. Now I have attached the file to my previous post and I can even see it there.

#20764 CheckBox Column with Check-All Functionality

Posted by Uwe Raabe on 06 May 2020 - 05:27 PM in NextGrid v6 Component

No problem. Attached is a demo project with two of those columns.

Don't get me wrong - it is working (almost) as expected. I just would prefer a bit simpler implementation.

Attached Files

#20762 CheckBox Column with Check-All Functionality

Posted by Uwe Raabe on 06 May 2020 - 10:29 AM in NextGrid v6 Component

I have a requirement for a CheckBox column with a checkbox placed in the header with the following functionality:

• When all rows in this column are checked, the header checkbox shows checked
  • When any row in this column is unchecked, the header checkbox shows unchecked
  • When the header checkbox is unchecked and clicked, all rows in that column are checked
  • When the header checkbox is checked and clicked, all rows in that column are unchecked

Currently I handle this by using an image for the header checkbox and change that according to the state, but that has some drawbacks:

• The image in the header is not identical to the checkbox in the grid rows
  • I can only react on the header click and not on the header image click. This contrasts to the checkbox click in the rows, where I have to click on the checkbox while a click on the rest of the cell is ignored

Perhaps I am missing something?

On the other hand I would file this as a feature request for the CheckBox column  :)