• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AIM

AIM

• Honorable Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 05:58 PM

Boki, I realize that your forum is flooded with spam.

Here's what I did years ago to keep my own phpBB forum clean, no single spam registrations/posts since years.

1. Ask a question during signup, exactly the user has to enter a VIP code that can be found on a specific page on my website. Seems that many Captchas implementations no longer stop automated registrations.

2. Deleted all users with zero posts, that also killed all automated registrations from the past.

Hope that you can do something similar to keep your forum clean...

#2 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 10:20 PM

Hello Aim,

Thank you for your concern. I have try to delete every spam message, but now I need to do something else.

1. There is a image generated, but it seems that Bot somehow solve problem with picture. smile.gif
2. I will like to do that, but don't know how to do it, except deleting rows from mysql.

Best regards
boki@bergsoft.net | LinkedIn Profile
--
BergSoft Home Page: www.bergsoft.net
Users Section: users.bergsoft.net
Articles and Tutorials: help.bergsoft.net (Developers Network)
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--
Send us applications made with our components and we will submit them on: www.bergsoft.net/apps.htm. Link to this page will be also set on home page too.

#3 AIM

AIM

• Honorable Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 10:44 PM

1. There is a image generated, but it seems that Bot somehow solve problem with picture.

Yes, these default captchas aren't a problem for automated spam registrations nowadays.

2. I will like to do that, but don't know how to do it, except deleting rows from mysql.

In phpBB I had a mod that could sort users by the number of posts, so it took only a few minutes to select and delete them all, but I could do it within the forum admin panel. Probably there's a similar mod for your forum software if such a functionality isn't already available.

Good luck...

#4 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 12:15 AM

Hello Aim,

Thank you again. I will see what I can do.
boki@bergsoft.net | LinkedIn Profile
--
BergSoft Home Page: www.bergsoft.net
Users Section: users.bergsoft.net
Articles and Tutorials: help.bergsoft.net (Developers Network)
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--
Send us applications made with our components and we will submit them on: www.bergsoft.net/apps.htm. Link to this page will be also set on home page too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users