#1 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 02:39 PM

Dear Users,

Can you please write here small testimonial about my products and services.

Unfortunately sales are down (most probably due to crisis), and testimonials may help.

Thank you smile.gif
boki@bergsoft.net | LinkedIn Profile
--
BergSoft Home Page: www.bergsoft.net
Users Section: users.bergsoft.net
Articles and Tutorials: help.bergsoft.net (Developers Network)
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--
Send us applications made with our components and we will submit them on: www.bergsoft.net/apps.htm. Link to this page will be also set on home page too.

#2 Lelik

Lelik
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 12:29 AM

I use Berg components for a long time and I may say that these are the best solution for convenient and functional development. I developed many software and these components helped me to make the programs looking more open for users. These are the best components ever if you want to make your application to look and to work perfect)

Lazutkin Alexey, soft developer

and some advise: maybe you should lower your prices or make discounts for upgrades or something. also make some more different useful components. And I think you need to optimize your web-site and also to make different-language pages to work with different countries' developers.
PS: I'd love to enter your development team) to develop components and their upgrades more faster)
Кручу-верчу, ЛариÑ?у Ивановну хочу :)

#3 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 12:44 AM

Hello Lelik,

Thank you smile.gif I hope that more people will like to leave a testimonial.

I have put discount for previous month and sales are grown, but now its not fair to lower the prices immediately sad.gif If you have some more ideas you are welcome smile.gif

I will like to include you into developer team, but unfortunately I don't earn enough for me smile.gif
--
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--
Send us applications made with our components and we will submit them on: www.bergsoft.net/apps.htm. Link to this page will be also set on home page too.

#4 G_Mugford

G_Mugford
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE (Boki (Berg) @ Feb 2 2010, 08:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear Users,

Unfortunately sales are down (most probably due to crisis), and testimonials may help.

Thank you smile.gif

Boki,

Hope this fits the bill ...

I have used menus for years to offer my users application options. I decided to switch to using the NextSuite's NextInspector component to offer my users a simple, straightforward, single place for selecting all options. The switchover to using the Inspector interface took less than a night's work and has made the user experience much, much better. Between the NextInspector and the FlipPanels, I can't decide which feature is my favourite in the suite. Given that FlipPanels offer me D2009+ features in a D7 environment, I'll pick that one. But the NextInspector is pretty good, too.

GM

#5 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 01:24 AM

Thank you smile.gif
--
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--

#6 flavsouvou

flavsouvou

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 05:29 PM

I use NextGrid and components collection and I'm very satisfied with it and the assistance

#7 GoustiFruit

GoustiFruit
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:33 AM

Well I registered NextGrid loooong ago and I'm glad I did it: not only the components are very good, light and useful, but the support is the best I know.
If I, too, could make more money, I would donate :-\

@G_Mugford: could you please give us a link to your application, for now I'm only using the main NextGrid component but I'm interested in seeing what you did with NextInspector !?

#8 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 01:36 AM

Hello Gousti,

I am happy that you are satisfied with components. smile.gif

Best regards
--
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--

#9 G_Mugford

G_Mugford
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 05:48 AM

QUOTE (GoustiFruit @ Apr 13 2010, 04:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well I registered NextGrid loooong ago ...SNIP...
@G_Mugford: could you please give us a link to your application, for now I'm only using the main NextGrid component but I'm interested in seeing what you did with NextInspector !?

GoustiFruit,

My apps are not generally available apps. They are systems software suites for small manufacturers and a Point-of-Sale system for a chain of comic book shops. As such, there's no place to view. I have attempted to upload my real-life example of using the NextInspector. This is the default settings screen where several sections are open by default and a couple closed. The settings are all kept in an ini file and are updated on closing the application. This is nothing fancy. But it has saved me countless calls on how to change some minor setting that used to be "Close cwRegister. Search on the desktop for the little pen icon that says EDIT cwREG Settings and double-click on it. Now go to the line that says .... change it to .... WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S NOT THERE! ..." Ahhh, the bad old days.

At any rate, I should also mention I pixilated the actual information in the Receipt area and in the Nightly Communications area, for obvious reasons. Setting this up took about 30 minutes, and another thirty minutes or so setting up the OKClick and CANCELClick routines. I DID name EACH line in the inspector and did a lot of copying and pasting. It was more in the planning than the execution. But after it was done, adding extra lines were a couple of minutes tops. I added the last two sections after the original bunch and did those in less than 10 minutes, including adding to the OKClick and CANCELClick procedures.

Hope this helps.
GM

Attached Files

#10 G_Mugford

G_Mugford
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 06:05 AM

QUOTE (G_Mugford @ Apr 17 2010, 11:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
GoustiFruit,
... At any rate, I should also mention I pixilated the actual information in the Receipt area and in the Nightly Communications area, for obvious reasons. Setting this up took about 30 minutes, and another thirty minutes or so setting up the OKClick and CANCELClick routines. I DID name EACH line in the inspector and did a lot of copying and pasting. It was more in the planning than the execution. But after it was done, adding extra lines were a couple of minutes tops. I added the last two sections after the original bunch and did those in less than 10 minutes, including adding to the OKClick and CANCELClick procedures.

Hope this helps.
GM

I should also mention that the printer section is actually a set of drop-down lists. Really quite easy to do. For each one, I did a variant on this:
CODE
with oipReceiptName do begin
lines.clear;
Lines.Assign(FrmMain.pipStock.printersetup.printernames);
AsString := cwGlobals.ReceiptName;
end;

On a SAVE button click, I ended up reversing the process with:
CODE
cwGlobals.ReceiptName := oipReceiptName.asString;
cwGlobals.ReportName := oipReportName.asString;
cwGlobals.Label1Name := oipLabel1Name.asString;
cwGlobals.Label2Name := oipLabel2Name.asString;

Extremely simple to use.

GM

#11 PhilW

PhilW
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 03:08 PM

Hi, Mr. Mugford,

Thank you for the interesting posts; I can now see that using the NxInspector is a serious alternative to the 'traditional' options dialog, and I appreciate the time you have made to explain how it works.

This screenshot is from one of my programs, a PickNote printing program for small business, that shows what I mean by 'traditional':

Attached File  Example_of_old_traditional_options_dialog.png   37.16KB   7 downloads

I suppose there maybe an advantage is terms of space to lay the controls out nicely; the downside is when a tab page is full, I can spent a lot of time re-arranging the pages and controls, just to add a single checkbox. With the NxInspector, you would add another line in the appropriate section.

Also, as you point out, the NxInspector looks very up-to-date and modern.

Regards,
PhilW.

#12 G_Mugford

G_Mugford
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 12:06 PM

QUOTE (PhilW @ Apr 18 2010, 09:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I suppose there maybe an advantage is terms of space to lay the controls out nicely; the downside is when a tab page is full, I can spent a lot of time re-arranging the pages and controls, just to add a single checkbox. With the NxInspector, you would add another line in the appropriate section.

Also, as you point out, the NxInspector looks very up-to-date and modern.

Regards,
PhilW.

Phil,

My example takes advantage of certain screen dimension I know each computer has, so it LOOKS big. But it does fit. It wouldn't fit comfortably if I expanded each section. In that case, you'd get a scroll bar. I chose to have the two bottom sections not start expanded because they are rarely going to change (and indeed. some of the choices do end up being disabled given certain security settings, another advantage to the NextInspector. Very easy to control). I also used a modal form where others might have used a popup. But to each his own.

About the only thing that notebook option forms offer that I haven't quite figured out how to do in NextInspector is to have help facilities for each individual line. My usual routine for that doesn't exactly work the way I want just yet. But it's coming. Once I've got that conquered (and corrected the small spelling error that doing this showed me on my form ... it's been there for months!!) I will be converting all other option-type scenario's, including menus and option forms, over to NextInspector.

Oh, and by the way, you can colour-code the text in the NextInspector on a line-by-line basis, thus retaining your ability to
'Click on the red tab ..."

GM

#13 Xillion

Xillion
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:46 PM

QUOTE (Boki (Berg) @ Feb 2 2010, 03:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear Users,

Thank you smile.gif

Hi Boki,

First off: sales are down... I personally think this has more to do with your sales model than the crisis. I hope other users aren't going to wish me to damnation for what I'm about to say, but in all honesty it is true. You have an excellent product, and an excellent set of tools. And when one builds software (User interfaces to be more specific) your tools save lots of time and money. So for professional users, that's worth a few bucks. And let's face it: your too cheap.

Let me explain: we have bought your component set a few years back with full source and lifelong updates, and this for a very reasonable price. I have been able to update to newer versions, get support via mail and forum (forum should always be free IMHO), etc. for years on end without ever paying again. This is very rare for this sort of components. So I think your sales are down because the market is getting saturated. I mean, at a certain point you just run out of Delphi/C builder developers that need your component set. Because once you've bought it, you're set for life...

In short, you have not returning revenue. For what I use the components, I wouldn't mind paying an update fee (when reasonable!) for a major new release. Honestly, I think the majority of your (professional) users will agree with this (actually I would like to hear other users' opinions about this). I mean, I also pay for major updates for other components/tools I bought. I can understand your "once you've bought it, why should you pay again" policy, and I respect you for that. But I'd rather see you make a descent living of this, and keep working on these components for years and years to come. To satisfy you're policy, you could still have a "cheaper" version for non-commercial use. But how to enforce this...

Anyway, that just my 2 cents, you actually asked for a testimonial so here goes ;)
(I've posted the testimonial in a separate post.)

Xillion ICT Solutions - www.xillion.nl

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

#14 Xillion

Xillion
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:47 PM

Hi Boki,

Here's my testimonial. Hope it's usefull.

Xillion ICT Solutions is a Dutch IT company. Among other IT services, we build custom software made software for our customers in a variety of industries. Mostly because standard software isn't available, or it just doesn't cut it. These days the users have high expectations of their user interface, and don't settle for an outdated, boring win95 look. Also a well designed, and fresh looking GUI design also increases the user's acceptance of the new software. Therefore we spend some time in designing a nice, and above all functional, GUI. Without Next Suit we wouldn't have been able to do this, and wouldn't get such good responses to our GUI's from our customers.

Next Suite is a well built (stable!), well thought trough, flexible, and attractive set of components. They are easy and intuitive to use, it's simple to make them look good and fit your own style. The come at a very good price, and you will get very descent support. They also actually listen to what the community asks and needs. For me, they are essential for building my user interfaces.

ing. Stijn Vanroye, Software Engineer, Xillion ICT Solutions BV, www.xillion.nl

#15 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 04:03 AM

Hello Xillion,

Thank you for your post. It let's me thinking.

I will need to think more about it, and if someone else have a comment this will be great.

PS. I am preparing a gift for all registered users, but it will take some time until I reveal it smile.gif

Best regards
--
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--

#16 Xillion

Xillion
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 11:13 AM

QUOTE (Boki (Berg) @ May 21 2010, 05:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
PS. I am preparing a gift for all registered users, but it will take some time until I reveal it smile.gif

Now you are making me curious ;)

If you are thinking about changing your sales model, think it trough thoroughly. All in all, you have already sold a number of licenses under specfic conditions. Be carefull that you don't "break" your license and such.
Yesterday I accidentally came across a sales model which might be interesting for you: you buy the components once for a certain ammount, this gives you the right to use the components as long as you like, but the time you can get new versions is limited (for example one or two years). After that, you still have the right to use the components, but if you want new versions you have to buy a new subscription.
Also, think about what a good price is. The components are very good, but part of your success also is the more than reasonable price. So check out your competition ;)

#17 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 05:33 AM

Hi,

I will not break current licenses for sure. But, maybe I will introduce new licenses for new users.

I am thinking about having 1 year licence/subscription. Maybe this will be good idea. Your idea look fine too!

Best regards
--
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--

#18 Artis

Artis
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 01:59 PM

Hello,

I have bought Nextgrid suite because of a real need for a powerful stringgrid. it was a few months ago. Before i have created my own stringgrid but i was really less impressive than NextGrid.
I begin to use other component too et each time i had a question, Boki or other developpers gave me the solution.

My software looks better and I' agree to pay again in one year for upgrade as well as i can distribute my software without restrictions.

Good job and thanks again, Boki.

Artis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users