Upgrading from nextgrid 5 to 6

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Vincent

Vincent
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 February 2020 - 09:45 AM

Is there a guide to upgrading from 5 to 6? It seems like the component classnames have all changed? Can I just do a search and replace TNextGrid with TNextGrid6 ?

#2 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 11:07 PM

Hello Vincent,

Unfortunately there is no automatic conversion tool. I’m thinking to build one, maybe even as as component. Version 6 is build from scratch, as I started on v5 long time ago.

Good thing is that working with most important properties are the same, such as Columns, Cell, Cells. I simplified some of the properties such as Editing property replaces coEditable flag in Options of Column. Also you can drop on form both versions and slowly replace them.

if you want, I can guide you how to quickly migrate. You can tell me which properties you use the most.

boki@bergsoft.net | LinkedIn Profile
--
BergSoft Home Page: www.bergsoft.net
Users Section: users.bergsoft.net
Articles and Tutorials: help.bergsoft.net (Developers Network)
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--
Send us applications made with our components and we will submit them on: www.bergsoft.net/apps.htm. Link to this page will be also set on home page too.

#3 Vincent

Vincent
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 03:23 AM

I have about 30 instances on TNextGrid to replace... so for now I'm just going to stick with v5 - it's just too much work to make that many changes and test them all at this time. 

#4 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 01:44 PM

I will try once again to build a converter. Non-visual component placed on form can be a nice way to do it.

if you have some not important grid on some of the forms, maybe you can try to replace one? Both releases can co-exist in same application.

Tell me if you need some help.

boki@bergsoft.net | LinkedIn Profile
--
BergSoft Home Page: www.bergsoft.net
Users Section: users.bergsoft.net
Articles and Tutorials: help.bergsoft.net (Developers Network)
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--
Send us applications made with our components and we will submit them on: www.bergsoft.net/apps.htm. Link to this page will be also set on home page too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users