• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 didiergm

didiergm
  • Honorable Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 09:11 AM

Hi Boki,

There is a mention of a /limited/ support of the Toolbar 2000/TBX Theme support on the webpage, the leads me to two questions;

1- Do you support the version 2.2 of both ?
2- do you plan to extend the theme support for other components ?

I am currently evaluating WpTools and they, too, support the same toolbar/theme comps, it would be handy to have a single theming platform

Didier

#2 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 02:17 PM

Hello Didier,

1) Only version 2.1 is supported. I will like to move to version 2.2 but I affraid that this may cause some problems because this 2 versions are not 100% compatible sad.gif If you have any suggestion here, you are welcome.

2) I have in plan to extend TBX support to other component, but somehow I am never sure about TBX future and which version to use sad.gif

Best regards
boki@bergsoft.net | LinkedIn Profile
--
BergSoft Home Page: www.bergsoft.net
Users Section: users.bergsoft.net
Articles and Tutorials: help.bergsoft.net (Developers Network)
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--
Send us applications made with our components and we will submit them on: www.bergsoft.net/apps.htm. Link to this page will be also set on home page too.

#3 AIM

AIM

• Honorable Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 04:25 PM

2) I have in plan to extend TBX support to other component, but somehow I am never sure about TBX future and which version to use

I would rather go the SpTbxLib route which works now without TBX and TB2k patching... Seems that SpTbxLib is the way to go in future...

#4 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 04:45 PM

Hello Aim,

I will need to take deep thinking about it, but as I understand SpTBXLib is a not themes support add-ons (?). We will still need TBX for supporting themes?

Best regards
--
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--
Send us applications made with our components and we will submit them on: www.bergsoft.net/apps.htm. Link to this page will be also set on home page too.

#5 AIM

AIM

• Honorable Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 06:49 PM

You no longer need TBX for skin support. Only SpTbxLib and TB2k.

More info and download:
http://club.telepoli.../beta/index.htm

I haven't installed and tried it myself yet, but the compiled demo looks very promising...

#6 Shaman

Shaman
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 01:09 AM

Hi.

SpTBXLib 2.0 is in beta stage, but works quite well. It decoupled from TBX completely.
There are two skinning solutions now (through code and ini-files), very good tabs, no patchs!
Robert did the excellent work.

Two inconvenience - dockable panels are not as cool (i mean resizing) as in TBXLib and ComboBoxItem is not implemented yet.

#7 octal

octal
  • Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 05:36 PM

QUOTE (Boki (Berg) @ Feb 6 2008, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello Aim,

I will need to take deep thinking about it, but as I understand SpTBXLib is a not themes support add-ons (?). We will still need TBX for supporting themes?

Best regards

Hi Boki,
To make things clear, SPTBXLib was using TNTControls to give support for Unicode, and TBX to give support for Theming. The Problem with TBX is that, depending of its versions, it needs patching TB2K. Seeing that TBX is no more supported from more than 1 year, and Alex (TBX original writer) has never answered users mails nor accepted to put it open source, Robrert Lee, the author of SPTBXLib took the decision to bypass TBX theming system by implementing his own theming engine (he prefer to call it SKINNING ENGINE).

So now, the newly released SPTBXLib use TB2K withount patching, and provide Unicode support and a skinning engine smile.gif

If you want to add skining support, the best way to do it now is to relay on SPTBX Skining engine that is very well supported instead of TBX Engine which is certainly good and stable but is going to a sure dead !!!

SPTBX Skin engine also adds the possibility to define an entire sking using a simple INI file without having to code anything. This makes it possible for end users to adjust colors without dealing with code. Advanced Skins instead still need coding to be able to change drawing (paiting) strategy for any gui item.

The new SPTBXLib still contain "TBX" prefix because Robert wanted to limit the incompatibility with older SPTBXLib based on TBX, but it really did not need any code from original TBX library. Also note that old SPTBXLib based on TBX is no more maintained, and the new one (decoupled from TBX) is already very well usable and stable (still some odd bugs that are being actively corrected by Robert).
Now that Robert finished the decoupling from TBX he is actively working on stability and on providing most of components that TBX provided without the need to patch TB2K code smile.gif

That's all smile.gif

Regards
octal

#8 Webbers

Webbers
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 01:39 PM

SPTBX Skin editor (freeware)
http://www.mytreedb....-soft/i-75.html

Supported new SpTBX skin engine 1.9.x and 2.0 beta...

#9 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 05:19 PM

Hello,

I will need to think further about this. I will definitelly consider now sbTBX lib now smile.gif

Best regards
--
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users