• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 abraham_ll

abraham_ll
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 10:20 PM

Hi Boki,

Consider a name and domain name change to something other than berg. The name berg relates you to the old site bergsoftware and I don't think it's good for your business (thus to my business since I'm using your components).

Since the split your company has changed to better and the old company to the worse. The other site's forum is spammer's playground and those products haven't been updated for ages, not to mention the disclaimer on that site. So I donĀ“t think you want people to see any connection between you and the old site.

Also the design of the two sites is too similar and makes you potential customers confused. So instead of ordering your products they begin to wonder and ask around what is the story.

My humble advice to you is that you remove all traces that relates you to the old site.

Regards, Abraham

#2 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 10:52 PM

Hello Abraham,

Unfortunatelly I can't do this, because I have create both websites and components (both graphics and code), and this will be my personal failure. I have already give to several registered customer from old web site discount or (more often) free components because of this situation. Past 2 years was very troubled for me.

I will try to do some changes on my website as soon I find some time. In meanwhile I will work on components full speed smile.gif

PS. I have move this topic to Off-topic.

Best regards
boki@bergsoft.net | LinkedIn Profile
--
BergSoft Home Page: www.bergsoft.net
Users Section: users.bergsoft.net
Articles and Tutorials: help.bergsoft.net (Developers Network)
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--
Send us applications made with our components and we will submit them on: www.bergsoft.net/apps.htm. Link to this page will be also set on home page too.

#3 GoustiFruit

GoustiFruit
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 11:16 AM

I don't think Boki has to change anything: if the older site is not maintained anymore and its forums are spammed then it will quickly die. If the actual owner doesn't make a cent from it (which is probable) he will not renew the domain name, unless his life is now only focused on harming his old partner !
Boki, don't lose your time on changing your site design, it's already very nice and gives a good understanding of what you're providing. Better spend your time on improving your components, that's what will make you successfull :-) (by the way, a site's design is so easy to copy...)

#4 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 01:30 PM

Hello Gousti,

I will decide to change website when I think that it need to be changed smile.gif

I like current design, and I remember how much I have work on it to made it like that. It look very refreshing even today.

Best regards
--
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--
Send us applications made with our components and we will submit them on: www.bergsoft.net/apps.htm. Link to this page will be also set on home page too.

#5 emailaya

emailaya

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 09:52 PM

hi
i remember that i went first to the other site
and i dont know how i got into this one eventually
i guess its good i did got here eventually smile.gif

may i know what is the story in general?
where did the name berg came from?

#6 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 10:11 PM

Hello Emailaya,

You may read this topic
http://www.bergsoft....php?showtopic=2

Thinking aboud this period gives me very bad memories sad.gif I only hope that I have learn something from this situation.

Best regards
--
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--

#7 emailaya

emailaya

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 11:28 PM

just wanted to tell u that im behind u 100%!

#8 Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

Boki (Berg)

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 11:37 PM

Hello Emailaya,

Thank you , I appreciate it smile.gif

Best regards
--
--
BergSoft Facebook page
--

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users