• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Luben

Luben
  • Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:51 PM

Hi,

I got some strange effects when I combine into one TNxpageControl components TNextGrid and TMemo.

In my particular case I have on a single form one TNxpageControl component with 3 tabs. On first tab I use a TNextGrid where I display the results from intensive data exchange between current form and one other application through WM_COPYDATA Windows messages. I can say that everything works smooth until I don't put on second tab TMemo to show the data flow. Once TMemo is placed the communications speed drops significantly (instead of >30 refresh cycles per second I get 1 per 2s !). When closing the form I got error message:

"System Error. Code :5. Access is denied."

and the code breaks to NxPageControl.pas in the section TNxCustomNotebook.Destroy

Attached File  err.png   7.92KB   1 downloads

Once I take out the Tmemo from the TNxpageControl and things become alright.

Also I found that using DoubleBuffere setto True causes visual problems.

Thank you

Best regards,
Luben

#2 eikcam

eikcam
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:30 AM

Luben,

It would appear that you have an object on one of your pages that you have not released. Without seeing your code I would guess that the error is not the fault of the TNxPageControl, but rather an issue with the way you are releasing objects before closing the form.

Ensure that you do your own cleanup in the form OnClose.

Regards,

Dan.

#3 Luben

Luben
  • Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:17 PM

Hi Dan,

I'm just putting components onto the TNxPageControl in the design time. Shell I release them implicitly when closing the form? Shell I manually destroy all components like TLabel, TEdit, etc. which were placed in the design time?

Best regards,
Luben

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users